1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

HTC One Developer Edition, here I come

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by chris, Apr 22, 2013.

1. chris

Administrator

Jun 1, 2006

Sponsored Ad

HTC One came yesterday, but my adapter wouldn't fit.:mad: Having wrecked three perfectly good phones in the past few years, I wasn't about to risk it with this beauty. I ordered a few German made adapters, but they are coming in weeks, not days. My plan was to go to AT&T and pick up a microSIM. I was impatient, so started to sand down my adapter. Low and behold, a good fit. Taped it to be sure. So far, so good... but I also haven't removed it, which is when phones get killed if the card doesn't come out.

Anyway, I cannot believe how far off this thing is from stock Android. I really do love the latest version of Jelly Bean and miss it on the HTC One. Probably the best thing I've bought has been Nova Launcher. That's made it so much easier to recreate JB, although I miss the lock screen widgets. Also, Nova Launcher doesn't change the lock screen icons, which isn't great.

It's a flat out gorgeous device. Still in the honeymoon period, but real happy with my purchase. Sent off my Sprint Moto Q for my $100 back from HTC. (y)

2. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    Congrats and good luck....

Weapondrift let me know about this little add-on for Nova Launcher so you may enjoy those extras too.....

• Like Like x 1
  3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    And please take a look at your conversations if you haven't recently......

5. chris

Administrator

Jun 1, 2006
    Wow, even more options. Still having fun with the existing set. Set up swipe up for Google Now, double tap for recent apps and swipe down to expand notifications. The last one is because I'm too lazy to swipe from the top down.

• Like Like x 1
  6. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    I hear that!

7. Weapondrift

Gold

Feb 1, 2008
    If you guys want...I have even MORE options for Nova lol

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

8. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    Okay....

9. aggieman

Bronze

Mar 14, 2007
    Nova is a life saver for anyone who lives pure Android in all its glory but desires better hardware. All I really miss from my nexus 4 is the lock screen. Sense really doesn't bother me much in its current form unlike touchhwiz. As much as HTC has riding on this device I don't think it will be long before we see 4.2.2. Then again it's HTC so you never know.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

10. chris

Administrator

Jun 1, 2006
    That's probably my biggest pet peeve is not being able to use DashClock. I'm even happy with battery life.

Now if I could just sell off my N4. I'm on my second non-paying bidder filing with eBay. Guy had a US address when he bid (because I prevent non-US buyers now) and he changed it to Vietnam. No response from invoices or messages. Credit for fees should come in a few days and hoping third time will be a charm. I do kind of miss the Nexus 4. Like you said, Nova helps recreate most everything from Jelly Bean 4.2. I do miss the recent items menu now and again.

11. aggieman

Bronze

Mar 14, 2007

wow....what kind of wasteland has ebay become. I was going to try to sell a couple of my devices on ebay and maybe pick up an S4 with the proceeds but not after hearing of your luck. Have you tried swappa?

12. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    Geeez Chris....You are just having no luck.

:censored:

13. diverdown

diverdown New Member

Feb 27, 2012

That stinks Chris.... I had that problem when I sold my HTC One X. Really a pain as you think you sold it to only not get paid. Are you selling the 8 or 16gb model?...

~S

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

14. chris

Administrator

Jun 1, 2006
    Thinking it might just be easier to return the HTC One at this point. Hold onto the Nexus 4 (without cracking the seal) until Google I/O next week. They announce a new Nexus device and I'm on it, back to eBay for the Nexus 4. If nothing new on the Nexus front, I stick with the N4.

I love the HTC One. It's a beautiful phone. And while I've somewhat recreated stock, there is nothing like pure Android. I miss that.

I have to say there are some really nice things about the One's software, like the music player. I wish there was a third party player that looked that good in the Play Store. All of the Poweramp skins are less than great.

15. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    Really? Already out of your system? Letting the eBay scum get to you?

16. chris

Administrator

Jun 1, 2006
    If they announce a Nexus 5, then I'm back to eBay. Based on my usage, I'm not sure the HTC One is right for me. Too much phone. 64GB of storage. I got by fine with 8GB on the N4. I tend to prefer stock, same for iOS. Not a fan of jailbreaking, themes, etc. Give me the OS as it was intended by the developers. If I hadn't used the N4 prior to the HTC One, I might have a different opinion. There is also the additional $350 for the HTC One. By the middle of next week, it could be two versions off of the latest Android OS, if/when 4.3 is announced.

Clearly, I have a tough time committing to phones.:ROFLMAO:

17. iP5

iP5
    Bronze

Oct 23, 2010
    So, you might sell it once the Nexus 5 is out. Hmm, might be interested.

Sent from my Nexus 4

18. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    Too much phone? Sounds like you are rationalizing. Just becasue the memory is there doesn't mean you have to use it. The OS still works the same.

Just admit it....You are a phone whore....:eek:

19. diverdown

diverdown New Member

Feb 27, 2012
    Chris,

Have you played with rt he HTC camera? I'm interested to know how you like the Zoe feature and well as the video highlights....

Thanks
    ~S

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

20. chris

Administrator

Jun 1, 2006
    Well, storage wise, which bumps up the price. My media player is an iPod touch, so I don't have big storage needs. Honestly, the 8GB Nexus 4 was more than enough.

21. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    Fair enough, but you already have the device, but I guess you are considering what you paid and what you can get for it now..

I have actually started using the Galaxy as my music player at the gym every day instead of carrying the MP3 player and I must say it is actually working out well. I always have the phone with me anyway so why not just plug the headphones into that? The Galaxy has the Media Card so I have no storage issues. I am only looking for decent sound to amuse me as I work out so I am not expecting an audiophile's dream system.

So far so good.....