1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

HTC One Issues

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by Don16.4, Sep 1, 2013.

1. Don16.4

Don16.4 New Member

Jul 24, 2013

Sponsored Ad

Hey all !

I bought 32gb HTC One in silver and im loving it although I'm starting to have a few issues ever since the Android 4.2 update.
    Issue 1) After the update my battery has drained a lot faster. Before I would fully charge it, go to sleep and when I woke up the battery level would 95 - 100%. After update its usually 80 - 90% and if I use my phone throughout the day, it'll drain noticably quicker. Before with medium usuage I reckon I could have squeezed 2 days out of it and now I can barely get 1.
    Issue 2) Sometime after the update my charger won't charge my phone up properly. Im even using the offical charger from out the box as well. It gives me a small notifcation saying "Slow Charge, use original charger" when I am using ! Before this happened, my phone charger quite good and now its horrendously slow. just today i sporadically woke up at 7 in the morning, plugged my phone in, it was at 1% and when I woke up 5 hours later, it was just hitting 90, Before I could have charger my phone up twice and now with fast drain and slow charge, its making life hard although the phone is fantastic !

Can anyone please offer some help ?! Thanks

2. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    When did you do the update? Sometimes updates require a few days to settle in. I would suggest you check through settings to make sure items you had set did not change. You should then let the device run through most of a day and then take a look at what is using the battery most beside Screen. Take a look at our Battery Saving Tips thread too.

Often a factory (hard) reset can resolve issues so take a look here at the HTC Guide.

Finally, many seem to like WakeLockDetector for helping manage their battery usage.

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. Don16.4

Don16.4 New Member

Jul 24, 2013
    I appreciate the reply !
    I'm a UK resident and I updated my phone within 2 days of Android 4.2 update being released for the HTC One. After that, the decline in battery life has been evident. Before I got update the battery life was great and with minimal - moderate use, I reckon I could have gotten 2 days out of it and now I can barely get 1. Thing is if I reset and the start my phone up from a back up, wouldnt it be the same thing ?! I have taken care of the charging problem as I have a new lead !
    You wouldn't happen to know of an app which closes all apps in the multitasking in 1 click (Similar to Samsung Galaxy devices) as opposed to swiping it 1 at a time ?! Thanks !

#3 Don16.4, Sep 6, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2013