1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

HTC One M8 - Buyers be Wary!

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by Alkali, May 4, 2014.

1. Alkali

Bronze

Dec 17, 2010

Sponsored Ad

No, not Htc One M8! I bought it some weeks ago and it's all scratches despite taking good care of the screen and metal body, not using anything abrasive to clean it. Virtually keeps it between lint and cotton.

2. Terry M.

Terry M. New Member

May 4, 2014
    I just had register just to reply to this post. But per rules I'm not allowed to say what I want so as mama always said: if you can't say something nice........ just shut up.

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. Alkali

Bronze

Dec 17, 2010
    It's a free country and you can't stop people from saying their honest mind, more so when they have been cheated of their hard earned cash.

5. Terry M.

Terry M. New Member

May 4, 2014
    So you come onto a M8 forum to bash the same phone? What kind of response did you expect? And I didn't stop you from saying anything - I simply made a comment by your own admittance I'm allowed to do so.

6. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    Hi Alkali:

It is a shame, but scratches don't come from lint and cotton unless they have sand in them.

Screen protectors are something many use and while some don't like them the protection they offer can't be denied. Tempered glass screen protectors are available and offer great protection without the frustrations older screen protectors had. Ghost Glass by MIME is said to be one of the best and is resistant to fingerprints. Spigen is another highly rated one, but is a bit more expensive.

Aluminum is a soft metal and slight dents and scratches are probably unavoidable.

I believe HTC offers the HTC Advantage program, which provides one free screen replacement in the first six months of ownership. You might want to look into that and then add a tempered glass screen protector. I read that the screen doesn't have to be cracked for the replacement, but you can call for the details. I am sure if it has to be cracked that could easily happen right after your call to them.....Accidents happen!

#5 stevetaz, May 5, 2014
    Last edited: May 5, 2014
  7. Alkali

Bronze

Dec 17, 2010
    Thanks Steve, in fact I have ordered spigen tempered glass and also otterbox symmetry case to see.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Everything Android mobile app

8. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    Otterbox....Not much out there better than Otterbox for protection.....

9. Alkali

Bronze

Dec 17, 2010
    Well, you have been warned. The resolution and features are fantastic but if you are like me and don't want to see scratches all over the phone then opt for another, simply put.

10. Xsie

Xsie New Member

May 24, 2011
    Personally almost any phone out there, overtime, will show some sort of wear. I recommend this AWESOME phone. And I also recommend protection all around for it. Don't knock the phone because of cosmetic imperfections that happened in your possession. Lint & cotton? What in your pocket?? Not much protection for ANY phone!
    P.S: My phone went naked the first week I got it, & it STILL looks like it did when I left the store. Absolutely sleek & beautiful. IMO it's not the phone, but the owner of that phone.

11. SA-Droid

SA-Droid New Member

Jul 15, 2014
    I am happy with my HTC one m8 but every now and then it gets kind of hot and the touchscreen starts spazzing out. It doesn't recognize touches anymore and registers touches in the wrong places of the screen so it starts random apps (and google now A LOT). I notice it happens a lot when I am recharging my phone and when I have it in my pocket and it's warm outside.

Also burned through a lot of data once when it opened all the links in my feed when it got too hot :(

12. TarekElsakka

Bronze

Oct 27, 2012
    I had the M7 for nearly two years and I have had the M8 for a while now and have faced no such problems. It's a great phone in my honest opinion and well worth the money.