1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

HTC One m8 volume rocker

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by Alkali, Apr 27, 2014.

1. Alkali

Bronze

Dec 17, 2010

Sponsored Ad

My dear friends,
    Anyway to disable the volume rocker? It's so easy to have the phone accidentally switch to vibrate? Thanks very much.

EDIT / DELETE

QUICK REPLY

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Everything Android mobile app

2. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    It is possible this app in the Play store might help you.

If not you may want to consider a case to protect against accidental changes from pressing the buttons.

Seems to be a design issue that bothers a few users....

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. Alkali

Bronze

Dec 17, 2010
    Thanks Steve but I don't think it will because the Application does not disable the volume rocker.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Everything Android mobile app

5. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    I am not really sure what action causes the issue described because I don't have the HTC phone. I suggested that app because if pressing the volume button changes the profile and the app stops accidentally changing the volume by pressing the key it seemed to me it should stop the problem.

That was why I said it may help.

If you are right then the only solution may be a case to prevent pressing the buttons.....

You tell me....

I suppose another solution might be to root the phone and remap the keys, but that is a pretty radical way to deal with this one issue....And how would you adjust the volume if the key was remapped?

6. nilofar shaikh

Bronze

Oct 20, 2015
    You could disable it through the application manager, got to the app details, there will be an option to disable it.