1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

HTC One vs Samsung Galaxy S4

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by chris, Mar 12, 2013.

1. chris

Administrator

Jun 1, 2006

Sponsored Ad

This is the battle of 2013. HTC has come out strong with the One. Thursday we'll get a look at Samsung's Galaxy S4.

I don't see the S4 having a better build quality than the HTC One. Not sure that's enough. Will Samsung overpower HTC with marketing prowess, specs?

Thoughts?

2. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    I haven't been impressed with HTC of the last year or so, but to be fair I really haven't read up on the HTC One, Samsung however, has really done a nice job with releasing a good line of devices. I would like to see someone take on Samsung in the Android game, I think they hold too much market share within Android.

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. RobertWoges

RobertWoges New Member

Mar 26, 2013
    I am also using HTC one and it really works good for me.I dont know about samsung S4 .But one thing I can say that HTC is better than samsung.

5. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    What is better about the HTC? Can you give a few examples? If the HTC works for you then you should use it, but I am curious about what you perceive as some of the big differences that tip the scales for you.

6. chris

Administrator

Jun 1, 2006
    I'd say it depends on what's important to you. I for one like the HTC hardware. If you like the ability to swap out batteries and increase your storage, than Samsung is your choice.

The trouble is if you like all of the above, it becomes a tough choice. Perhaps made a bit easier by HTC's $100 kick back.

7. Weapondrift

Gold

Feb 1, 2008
    From what I understand the One has a fully aluminum body as well as a higher quadcore processor. Whereas the S4 will still have a hard plastic(?) body. I am sure this will change with time but I believe this is the current spec

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2416653,00.asp

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

8. EQBob

Gold

Sep 24, 2007
    Doesn't having alimumum just transfer the shock wave of dropping it to the glass. The aluminum isn't going to break. Whereas plastic might, saving some glass? Isn't the back of the S3 and S4 carbon fiber?

The link you posted show same processor.

I don't have any real issue with HTC, but they've always seemed slightly heavier and bulkier to me than Samsung. Samsung feels more sleek and I like that they've always had bigger screens. That being said, I think both make fine phones. Sure wouldn't trust a Motorola anything these days however.

9. EQBob

Gold

Sep 24, 2007
    just read the HTC One scored a 1 out o f 10 on iFixIt. Not that that probably matters to most people.

10. Weapondrift

Gold

Feb 1, 2008

You are correct about the processor. When I first typed out the message it was before I included the link.
    You could be right about the aluminum, however thats why I try to always have a case around my phone. Otter Box is great for being a secure case.

Do you find it funny how we all met in a Motorola forum and now we wouldnt trust them to save our lives ;)

11. EQBob

Gold

Sep 24, 2007
    Lol...never thought about it that way, but you are certainly right!!

• Like Like x 1
  12. PacoJr67

Bronze

Mar 6, 2007
    HTC left a bad taste in my mouth after I went through 4 Touch Pros to find one that worked correctly. It ended up being the refurb unit that didn't have problems...

13. AndroidN3rd

Bronze

Nov 20, 2008
    The HTC One has my vote simply because of the screen size, and it's a LCD screen. I think they look so much better then amoled. Also, I've had incredible luck when it comes to HTC devices, they've all been durable as hell.

Sent from my Xperia TL using Everything Android

14. Frunobulax

Frunobulax New Member

Oct 14, 2009
    I hope to have the HTC One developer edition by the end of next week (fingers crossed). I'm looking forward to evaluating it. Chris, this is Kevin from eiC, BTW.

15. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    But aren't you going to miss all that carrier-installed bloatware?

16. iP5

iP5
    Bronze

Oct 23, 2010
    The Dev edition, nice, I'm thinking of upgrading my wife's HOX to that unit.

Sent for my Nexus 4

17. Owl City

Owl City New Member

Jul 18, 2013
    I am a big fan of htc, camsung is too expensive

18. Shelly Knight

Shelly Knight New Member

Jul 22, 2013
    I have always been a fan of Samsung over HTC...I guess its true that when u get a crappy product you keep that stigma forever. However, the was the HTC eris so I guess i gotta give them another chance.

Would anyone legitly put a new Note into this battle or is it a different battle all together?