HTC One X - everyone happy with it?

Discussion in 'HTC Android Phones' started by naviwilliams, May 9, 2012.

1. naviwilliams

Bronze

The device has been out for a few days now (AT&T), is everyone happy with it, bar the WIFI issue(s)?

I'm still getting use to it, and I see Sprint have just provided a launch date for theirs.

2. iP5

iP5
    Bronze

You're having wifi issues? Is it with taking too long to lock a signal?

My wife reported that her data usage went up significantly and I has passed it off as her increased use of mobile. Maybe it was the wifi issue.

What I then did was install "notification toggle", made sure she has the data toggle and taught her to keep data off in the house. That seems to force wifi to sync up faster.

The second icon below is for data.
    uploadfromtaptalk1336631834929.jpg

Also read that's it's the carrier settings at least with Roger's and that there's fix, though it requires root.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=25734271

Sent from Tapatalk2

3. Avatar

Sponsored Advertisement

4. naviwilliams

Bronze

HTC are aware of the WIFI issue(s) (it won't stayed connected, and sometimes it is constantly trying to connect to a WIFI that it has been connected to many times) and they say a fix will be released at the end of May...

But, there is a temporary fix (and it does work, tested it), and that is in the setting for the WIFI on the device, in Advanced, set it to 2.4GHZ, versus Auto. That seems to allow it to stay connected properly. It has been consistent for 4 days now :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

5. formerininja

formerininja New Member

Mine arrived and I love it. A welcome change from iOS, and well built.

Getting used to all the menu's etc to make sure I get the most out of the device!!

6. aggieman

Bronze

So far very happy with it. While I loved the Nexus I was tired of the lag and reception issues. This is the first android device I've used that rivals the iPhone in build quality and looks, smoothness of the os, and battery life.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

7. Erick Kincaid

Bronze

Quite Ok Cell Phone and little bit errors.

8. aggieman

Bronze

10 day update: still really happy with the One X despite a few annoying quirks. Have only powered up my vzw galaxy nexus twice and that was just to upload some pictures and files to the cloud to download to my one X. Really wish Google would have used hardware like this in the Nexus line. Can't beat stock Android but the slick One X has been great enough so far to avoid my Nexus like a crazy ex gf.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

9. Yeqer

Yeqer Guest

So far, my opinion is; it's working very well