1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

HTC One X - Jelly Bean Issue

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by hmltnangel, Sep 9, 2013.

1. hmltnangel

hmltnangel New Member

Sep 9, 2013

Sponsored Ad

Hi folks,

Normally I can resolve my own Andorid issues but this one has me stumped.

My One X updated to jelly Bean a few days ago and ever since, it has had this problem.

When you answered a call previously with ICS and held the phone to your ear, teh sensor switched the screen off so you couldnt accidentally press buttons with your ear. Since moving to Jelly bean ..... the screen always stays on during calls meaning I hang up on folks half the time halfway through a call.

Anyone got any suggestions?

2. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    Have you tried a soft reset after the update? I would guess that the installation may have actually done a hard reset, but if done now all data would be wiped. If you have everything backed up you might try that.

Did you just get the phone? I ask because I thought the OneX had an update to JB back in March or April.

Finally, did you check to see if the update may have changed phone settings? That option is available on my Galaxy via Phone Application open > Menu Button > Call Settings > Select "Auto Screen Off During Calls"

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. rockdenim

rockdenim New Member

Feb 21, 2013
    Its also true that many problems after an update are due to existing apps and user data. A factory reset will often (but not always) fix some of these issues. It will wipe all user data and start from a clean slate (but on your present Android version, so the term "factory reset" is a bit of a misnomer). If you want to keep your app data and do a factory reset, checkout the Carbon app in the market. Haven't used it myself, but others here have recommended it as a good backup app for non-rooted users.