HTC One X

Discussion in 'HTC Android Phones' started by iP5, Apr 4, 2012.

1. iP5

iP5 Member

My carrier is taking pre-orders. Really wish accurate info on the SGS3 was available cause this phone is really tugging on my impulse buy nerve.

uploadfromtaptalk1333521095751.jpg

Sent from Tapatalk
  2. stevetaz

stevetaz Super Moderator Staff Member

Be strong!!!! :cool:
  3. Avatar

Sponsored Advertisement

4. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

It still has physical buttons?
    For shame!
  5. iP5

iP5 Member

Soft touch, Samsung still doing physical buttons on their international units.

In any case prefer soft-buttons vs losing part of the screen res to an essential component.

Sent from Tapatalk
  6. MrRoleyMole

MrRoleyMole New Member

Amazing phone, fast and smooth can really tell the difference with the quad core :)

Sent from my HTC One X using Everything Android
  7. techfeen

techfeen Guest

Is there any major differences besides the cpu?
  8. stevetaz

Differences from what to what?
  9. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

Please remove the link in your signature
  10. naviwilliams

naviwilliams Member

I'm going to look into this device at the AT&T shop tomorrow. I may even walk out with one...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  11. iP5

iP5 Member

Really, wow :). Keep in mind it's still quite a shift from the iPhone. Let us know if you need any pointers.

Also, not sure how you're setup at home vis-a-vis email, calendar, notes, tasks but on Android we tend to sync to the cloud vs the desktop. At the onset, I'd recommend that you NOT look for an iTunes equivalent. Pretty much everything can be managed on the phone.

For files, usually you can just plug the phone to you computer and the phone will ask you recharge/drive mode and treat it like a thumb drive. Drag music, videos, photos, word, excel. Should also create a sensible folder structure to keep things organized. If your computer doesn't recognize the phone then install HTCSync but don't configure it. The install will setup the drivers needed to communicate to the phone but again, most people that I know of don't need to sync PIM from the desktop.

That said, there are apps that can take your music library in iTunes and sync it across wifi to the phone. Keep in mind though that the North American variant only has 9GB of user space, 2GB of app space and 30GB cloud via Dropbox.

Lastly, US owners also get Google Music player which lets you store and stream from Google's cloud. Someone else will have to chime in on this as I haven't any hands-on being in Canada.
  12. naviwilliams

naviwilliams Member

So far, so good. I'll work on the music side of things another day. Trying to get use to the million and one settings that one can have\use...

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
  13. iP5

iP5 Member

Hope you like it. Let us know if there's something you can't find. BTW, I'd recommend setting your wifi 'keep on' policy to 'only when plugged'. Basically, the wifi antenna shuts off when the screen sleeps unless the phone is charging. Otherwise, that antenna will consume your battery overnight, not fully but enough.

You can find the feature under:
    SETTINGS | WIFI | MENU | ADVANCED | KEEP WIFI ON DURING SLEEP

Also, SwiftKey X or Swype have very good predictive engines, as keyboard replacements.
    • Like Like x 3
  14. naviwilliams

naviwilliams Member

Thanks for the WIFI tip! I've changed my settings, albeit I got almost 23 of use with my HTC One X, and almost three hours screen use. Rather impressed to say the least...

I installed iSyncr on my device and Windows, too, and have done a sync of my iTunes library, priceless!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    • Like Like x 1
  15. iP5

iP5 Member

That's awesome :D
  16. mikearnill

mikearnill New Member

I would say it is one of the smartest creation of HTC. My friend got this phone last month and it is like magic. I love its damn huge screen, simple user interface and it's design most.
  17. Samaralive

Samaralive Guest

Amazing phone with nVidia Tegra technology.
  18. renderindia

renderindia Guest

very strong!!!!!!!!!!.............
  19. stevetaz

Remove your spam signature or you will be...
  20. nothingtofear

nothingtofear Member

The HTC One X is the best phone for gaming so far...The Amoled screen makes gaming more beautiful and detailing...
    Thanks to the Tegra 3 GPU...
  21. Bradeeter

Bradeeter Guest

Can we upgrade this to Jelly Bean 4.1.2? Now it's running on 4.1.1.