1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

HTC Sync never recognized my Desire S?

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by sMhsn, Aug 11, 2012.

1. sMhsn

Bronze

Jul 29, 2012

Sponsored Ad

This is getting really frustating that HTC Sync never recognizes my Desire S, this sounds so stupid that HTC's own software doesnt know which phone is connected!!!

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk 2

2. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    What OS is your PC running? Are you using a USB port at the motherboard? Try not to use a port that is in a hub, keyboard or monitor. What OS is the DEsire running?

Do you have antivirus on the HTC and the PC? Is there a firewall running on either or both?

Did it sync without problem and suddenly stop? Have you installed any new applications prior to having an issue? Did you update the phone's OS recently or maybe root? Stock ROM or custom?

A bit of detail can help us diagnose better.

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    What are you trying to sync?

5. sMhsn

Bronze

Jul 29, 2012
    The first time I trird when I bought the phone it didnt recognized at that time also I tried couole of times then it did now after so many days I was trying it was saying no HTC Sync found open it on computer then connect.
    I'm using it on my laptop I've windows 7 and my Desire S has gingerbread 2.3.5 as it comes in the package I haven't rooted or tried custom rom nothing.
    I was trying to sync some music and pictures which I did before also!

6. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    Are you using the USB cable that came with the phone? If not try that and make sure you are using a USB port connected directly to the motherboard, not a hub or one in a keyboard or monitor. If you have been using the same USB port then try a different one.

Also, do you have admin rights on the computer?

7. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    WHAT are you trying to sync. You might not need the software...I never used the HTC software when I had my Incredible.

8. sMhsn

Bronze

Jul 29, 2012
    Im using it on my laptop and the usb cable is what ive received with phone which is only two weeks old but anyways ive found alternatives like airdroid which is superb and doubletwist player which is almost like itunes for android sync wirelessly its cool!!

9. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    Ok I'm done, good luck.

10. sMhsn

Bronze

Jul 29, 2012
    Yeah :) thanks anyways mate!

11. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    Glad you found something to work for you. Also take a look at MyPhoneExplorer.

• Agree Agree x 1