1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

I bought a Nexus...so how do I ?

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by EQBob, Mar 23, 2012.

1. EQBob

Gold

Sep 24, 2007

Sponsored Ad

Ok. So I bought a Nexus. My phone froze on my 2x today and I can't have that. I have to have something rock solid reliable.

After the cardiac arrest period was over, I have started playing with / setting up the phone.

ICS isn't that bad as far as differences in the big picture, but lots of little things are different...

Q1: Where do I turn off 4G? Can't figure that out anywhere....

2. EQBob

Gold

Sep 24, 2007
    Q2: How do I set up the facial recognition?

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. EQBob

Gold

Sep 24, 2007
    I will say that the Invisible Shield that BestBuy sells is the best screen protector I have ever seen

5. EQBob

Gold

Sep 24, 2007
    Q3: I forgot how to set the phone to use my WiFi whenever in range, automagically

6. EQBob

Gold

Sep 24, 2007
    Q4: Will my battery charger for the Fascinate work with the Nexus?

7. EQBob

Gold

Sep 24, 2007
    Q5: Can I make folders in the app "drawer" (or whatever that's called)
    Q5a: It used to be, on my Fascinate, that I could press and hold on a gear looking icon in the upper corner and move icons around in the app drawer to get like icons next to each other. How do I do that in ICS?

8. EQBob

Gold

Sep 24, 2007
    Q6: If I hit phone, there are 4 contacts that come in there as presumably Favorites or Most Dialed. How do I change them or add more faves?

9. EQBob

Gold

Sep 24, 2007
    It looks like you maybe can't? Everything is alphabetized and that's it?

10. EQBob

Gold

Sep 24, 2007
    Q7: Does ICS need a app/memory manager? Yes I know, Android supposedly does such a wonderful job of this, but on my Fascinate, my performance improved markedly when I had an app that killed all the stupid crap that ran automatically in the background, even if it supposedly wasn't using RAM resources. Why does American Airlines, Continental, Skype, and State Farm need to run 100% of the time anyhow....

11. EQBob

Gold

Sep 24, 2007
    Q8: Is there any nice/recommended digital clock widget?

12. EQBob

Gold

Sep 24, 2007
    Q9: Do any of the ICE apps work well with ICS? I previously purchased ICE by Appentive and it works fine as an app, although it ALWAYS screwed up the integration with the lock screen. Is there a better app for this? What are people using?

13. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    Congrats.

Try Settings > More Settings. > Mobile Networks > Network Mode > Should see LTE/CDMA and CDMA > Select CDMA

• Like Like x 1
  14. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    Look here to see if the Get Used To Real Folders bullet helps....

15. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    See Face Unlock here....

16. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    If that is the Zagg product then I agree. Been using their products since my Treo days....

17. EQBob

Gold

Sep 24, 2007
    Yikes....ain't that buried.... Worked perfectly...thanks!

18. EQBob

Gold

Sep 24, 2007
    It is.

19. EQBob

Gold

Sep 24, 2007
    Nope, but appreciate the link. I figured out how to do folders on the screens pretty quick. Exact same function as in iPad. But haven't seen any link that says you can do it inside the app drawer.

20. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    That's why I said see if it helps....:rolleyes:

21. EQBob

Gold

Sep 24, 2007
    LOL...smart @ss <G>