1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

I bought a Nexus...so how do I ?

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by EQBob, Mar 23, 2012.

1. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008

Sponsored Ad

Just one word of caution......If you do have a medical condition that paramedics or doctors MUST know about such as diabetes, heart disease, pacemaker, certain medications, etc., DO NOT rely on this kind of an app. Go NOW and purchase a medic alert bracelet or necklace.

Paramedics will NOT be checking your phone in an emergency, but they DO look for medic alert tags. At some point either hospital personnel or police will look at the phone, but that is usually for contact information. If you are home and there is an emergency a family member can tell responders the information is on your phone, but you cannot rely on being at home when an emergency occurs.

That said there are a few different ICE apps and only one seemed to offer a caution that there is no implementation for lock screens and offered a reason. They also include a tip that there is a widget that may help their app to function, but they can't do it natively:
    You can add ICE to your lockscreen with the app "WidgetLocker". There will be no own lockscreen implementation because of many different Android devices and versions.

Perhaps they are a bit more up-front than most. And it is a free app, here. However, I think the widget app the refer to is not free, here......

I like the idea of this app, but I think there are too many variables like if you become separated from your phone or if it is damaged. That and the fact it may be too late by the time it is actually looked at if it is at all.

#61 stevetaz, Mar 26, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 8, 2015
  2. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    Open up the phone menu like you are going to make a call, then hit the menu button (3 dots) click quick responses and click on a phrase to edit

• Like Like x 1
  3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. EQBob

Gold

Sep 24, 2007
    Good points Steve. I agree completely that you do not want to relay on your phone for that type of information.

My wife is on coumdadin and has both a bracelet and a necklace. She can decide which one she wants to wear that day.... They're inexpensive, dozens of options are available, and they can save your life.

5. EQBob

Gold

Sep 24, 2007
    Awesome...thanks Scott!

6. EQBob

Gold

Sep 24, 2007
    So I bought this and it shows up in app drawer, but nothign shows up on widget menu... (nothing new I mean...all the old stuff is there...)

7. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    You dont see beautiful widgets in your widget menu?
    Maybe reboot?

8. EQBob

Gold

Sep 24, 2007
    I rebooted and now they are all there. or rather, I'm assuming they are all there <G>

9. EQBob

Gold

Sep 24, 2007
    GMTA? <G>. About the time you were posting, I was rebooting phone and then I posted my update without refreshing the screen here...

10. EQBob

Gold

Sep 24, 2007
    Well, I can't say I'm impressed so far. The Rotate one says it only works on a single HTC phone and the 4G one isn't working at all.

11. EQBob

Gold

Sep 24, 2007
    Q13: Is there an app that allows you access to your google bookmarks?

12. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    Google?

13. EQBob

Gold

Sep 24, 2007
    I suppose that's true... I could go to bookmarks.google.com, but that provides a full editing and arrangement interface (such as it is). I was thinking more quick and dirty and simply having access via a list.

14. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    What do you mean?

Use the Chrome Beta Browser.
    Syncs your Google Bookmarks and syncs tabs on your other linked PCs

15. EQBob

Gold

Sep 24, 2007
    What does it offer over the built-in browser? (which I've not even learned yet <G>)

16. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    Its more like Chrome on a PC, bookmark integration, tab syncing, easy tab switching...I prefer it over the stock browser

17. EQBob

Gold

Sep 24, 2007
    Ok. thanks. Will have to check it out sometime. I've never used Chrome. They frown on it at work and I've never heard tell that I needed it over IE and FF.

18. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    I prefer it over FF and IE, love it!

19. EQBob

Gold

Sep 24, 2007
    One of the widgets is a 1x1 that you can assign any of the "power" functions to. When I place one on the screen and assign it to "Rotate", BW says it only works for an HTC. When I try to place one and assign it to 4G and I tap it, it never does anything. Doesn't turn Green or Red, the 4G doesn't turn off, etc.

20. EQBob

Gold

Sep 24, 2007
    Update. It appears that the selection menu is 1-off of what actually gets programmed into the button. Yep...that's exactly what's happening. I select Rotate and get 4G and then the message that says it is not compatible. I select Pattern and get Rotate and that works. So everything is 1 off.

21. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    Could be a 4.0 thing. I don't use those widgets, just the digital clock and weather.
    Rather than those widgets I use MoreQuickly Panel.. It puts those icons in your notification bar like you had on your fascinate.

Sent from my Xoom using Everything Android