1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

I got the OTA 2.2 update on a non active phone?

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by AndroidN3rd, Sep 22, 2010.

1. AndroidN3rd

Bronze

Nov 20, 2008

Sponsored Ad

The subject pretty much says it all. I was listening to music on my Droid which was in airplane mode at the time, and its also blacklisted from Verizon. How the hell did I get the update?

Sent from my HTC Incredible via the eA application

2. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    Thats odd!!
    Why is it blacklisted.

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. AndroidN3rd

Bronze

Nov 20, 2008
    Don't you remember my story of how I got a Droid from some jackoff kids for $20?

5. AndroidN3rd

Bronze

Nov 20, 2008
    Go figure it ended up being stolen. But Verizon didn't want it back from me.. I offered to bring it in so they could get it to the owner. The probably wanted to make money off selling a new phone.

6. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    If thats the case, then they should allow it to work!

7. bberryhill0

Silver

Feb 14, 2009
    'They' must have a secret backdoor to allow 'them' to over ride phone settings so 'they' can use your phone as a bug.

Swyped from my Eris running xtrSense 3.

8. Weapondrift

Gold

Feb 1, 2008
    thats CRAZY! It looks like either
    a) someone in VZW slipped up with it
    or
    b) it may be your lucky day

dude root that thing while you can and use it as your main tethering device!

9. AndroidN3rd

Bronze

Nov 20, 2008
    Well I don't have service but I still got the update. and I tried to activate it on my girlfriends line and they said it was blacklisted. I wonder if the phone had the update to begin with and simply a line of code telling it when to install..

10. AndroidN3rd

Bronze

Nov 20, 2008
    Meanwhile I'm having fun using it as a camera/media player. Along with web browsing and aim since wi fi still works fine. Just lended it to deathmetalscottie so he can mess around with it. Be sure to welcome him on his post in the introductions forum