1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

I love my Droid!

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by manic, Dec 21, 2009.

1. manic

Bronze

Nov 8, 2009

Sponsored Ad

The staement "You don't realize what you have until its gone" is true indeed. Its too bad we don't take a step back and realize how great we do have it sometimes. That said I wanted to start a thread for everything that's great about our Droids. There is lots of posts of questions, and issues and even complaints. How about a thread about just how great this phone is? Maybe some thoughts on how its working out for you? I will get it started..

Today I switched on wifi to play Youtube a little better. A friend picked me up and a few of us were watching a vid in the car. As we got away from my apt building the signal faded and as I expected the video stopped. Now the cool part...the. phone then automatically switched back to 3G. The video "rebuffered" and played right where we left off. Pretty cool. Then later on the way back we watched another video and when I got home it automatically swichtched back to wifi. Another cool thing in wifi Youtube stays in HQ mode. No need to switch on with every vid. This is pretty cool if you use Youtube as much as I do. The Droid rocks! Well this is is my first smartphone so maybe I'm just spoiled. I have a feeling though we all are a bit...

2. gwhzz35

Bronze

Jan 4, 2007
    hmm..how did you get the Droid to auto switch on WiFi again?

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. gnath9

Silver

Feb 10, 2009
    If you just leave on your Wi-Fi it will auto-connect to your "remembered" locations. If its a new hotspot then you will need to connect it.

5. manic

Bronze

Nov 8, 2009
    That's exactly what happened. I also noticed if you leave the hotspot it reverts to 3G and if you enter a new hotspot a notice will appear if you want to reconnect to wifi. Pretty cool

6. pantherpics

pantherpics New Member

Dec 9, 2009
    My first smart phone too. I love it! Phone stuff, internet stuff, email stuff, messaging stuff, game stuff, just a lot of cool stuff!

My favorite thing is probably the ability to speak something into the voice search and have google bring up local listings and a google search of what i said.

If I'm looking for a business or something while driving, I just say the name of it, it pops up in google and gives me an option to get directions, and after a few clicks I am being navigated to the location from the phone. Too freaking cool!!!

JP

7. manic

Bronze

Nov 8, 2009
    If you like that..
    If you don't have them already get Shazam ad Google Goggles from the marketplace. Shazam will listen to music you're listening to and tell you what it is, give a link to youtube to watch a vid andd link to buy the mp3. I think you will really like Google Goggles . Instead of typing or using your voice for a search you use your camera!. Take a pic of something and it will do a search for you. Also in camera mode if you point it at a business it will give you info on that business. I suugest doing a youtube search for Google Goggles first and watch the instructional vid. The app is in beta stages and the vid will help you get the most of it.

8. bmmcgibbon

bmmcgibbon New Member

Nov 12, 2009
    I love my Droid

I don't actually love it, but I am getting to like it more now that I am learning my way around it. One serious concern I have had is I couldn't "touch" my phone on the other day when it had been exposed to the cold. The heat from my finger wouldn't react with the cold screen to turn on the phone. I thought "this could be a real danger in an emergency." I eventually cuddled the phone and it warmed up enough to allow the heat from my finger to pass the green swipe across the screen.

Does anyone had a solution for this. Is there another way to turn on the phone?

Mary

9. manic

Bronze

Nov 8, 2009
    How cold was it and how long was the phone exposed? I had my phone out in 9 degree and -15 windchill weather and haven't had that problem.

As far as I know you need some sort of lockscreen on the phone. I have a security code on mine. I have to connect dots on the screen in a certain pattern to unlock the phone. There is an emergency button on my security screen but this still requires touching the screen

10. HENRIETTA

HENRIETTA Guest

Try going into settings-->see if you see an option for Search-->In there look to see if you can turn off or erase the history

If not then you can go to the Verizon forums directly from Verizon's web site. If you want the link message me and I'll send it to you.

11. newpower1999

newpower1999 New Member

Oct 13, 2007
    I too LOVE MY DROID!

I've been a windows mobile fan since day one. So it was difficult to tell me I should tryout the droid especially since I love websurfing and streaming vids with Skyfire's web browser. But....since getting The VZW MOTOROLA DROID....I'm a fan for life! I love showing people it's awesome CRYSTAL CLEAR DISPLAY WHILE STREAMING MOVIE TRAILERS FROM TRAILERADDICT.COM! (THE MOBILE VERSION)The youtube playback is fantastic as stated earlier with the HQ stream. The intergrated contact listings with Gmail,Facebook is a plus. And now with Adobe Flash Player 10.1 and Android's 2.1 OS coming soon who needs skyfire? I love my Droid!!!!

12. TreeFrog

Bronze

Aug 27, 2007
    luv too!

i do have one dislike! the silly 18" charger that came with! gonna have to buy a normal one....

13. gnath9

Silver

Feb 10, 2009
    If that's you're only dislike... then you are one happy camper :dft011:tounge_out
    The usb cord is a good length if you plug out into your PC. The wall charger definitely needs a longer cable.

14. PacoJr67

Bronze

Mar 6, 2007
    if you have a Motorola BT headset that uses micro USB (like my shiny new HX1) that works for the droid as well, and it's longer. That's what I use for the most part

15. Vazguard

Bronze

Jan 10, 2008
    My nightstand is the perfect height for the cord and MM dock. I'm happy!