1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

I rooted!!!

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by n99hockey, Jul 14, 2010.

1. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007

Sponsored Ad

Head to www.unrevoked.com and download v3.0 for the Incredible, it is unbelievably easy...15min and I was rooted. Would have taken 5 but I was reading everything 3 and 4 times :p

Seriously, its easy, do it! Why aren't you doing it!?

2. connnie

Bronze

Nov 6, 2009
    Because I'm scared to, and because what if I have to take it to Verizon for anything, can you un-do it?

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    yes you can unroot, havent researched that yet though

it really wasnt that bad, but if you ask Weapondrift he might say otherwise, he was having a hard time last night, although i think it was the Vista machine he was using :p

5. chris

Administrator

Jun 1, 2006
    Now that you're rooted, is there anything you've done to take advantage of it?

My N1 is still pure as the driven snow.

6. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    so far installed a screen shot app and wifi tether, although havent wifi tether to work just yet
    read a little on kernels and stuff like that but havent done anything
    not sure if i will flash roms or not, i kind of like SenseUI

7. Weapondrift

Gold

Feb 1, 2008
    Yes I indeed had issues. I finally had to run the reflash (root) off of an XP computer.

Some if the major issues that I was having stemmed from incorrectly installing the driver which you have to install with your phone in bootloader FIRST.

Beta

8. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    i tried that first but nothing ever happened until i went out of bootloader and then reinstalled the driver and then it took off

9. Weapondrift

Gold

Feb 1, 2008
    Well installing the driver in bootloader THEN turn your phone back on and root it.

Beta

10. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    i dunno
    i did that and nothing happened, it asked me to reinstall the drivers again..who knows
    it eventually worked... :p

11. Weapondrift

Gold

Feb 1, 2008
    well like I said last night...technology has some sort of grudge against me....why I dunno, but it does lol.

12. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    atleast you got it in the end!

13. Weapondrift

Gold

Feb 1, 2008
    Touche and yes I did! :D

Beta

14. connnie

Bronze

Nov 6, 2009
    Sounds complicated.

15. Weapondrift

Gold

Feb 1, 2008
    It actually was pretty painless once I got past the errors/speedbumps....other then installing the driver (included) the rest was completly automatic

Beta

16. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    The unrevoked team released v3.1 that addresses the Windows issue you had.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Everything Android app

17. bberryhill0

Silver

Feb 14, 2009
  18. Weapondrift

Gold

Feb 1, 2008
    Yay and here you were all scared :)

Sent from my Incredible using Everything Android app

19. bberryhill0

Silver

Feb 14, 2009
    Well there was the minor problem that for us leakers the first root exploit involved split second timing pulling the SD card that most people couldn't pull off after a few hundred tries. Nah, not for me. The new exploit takes seconds and is automated. And the latest twist includes not wiping the phone. Glad I waited.

20. Weapondrift

Gold

Feb 1, 2008
    and to be honest, I couldnt agree with you more on being happy to have waited.

I know that when I was using my TP, the developments for the phone were to the massive extent of roms being pushed out quicker then you could blink...so that imo helped increase the speed of people being able to push unlocking (comparitivly to root in other words). So im not suprised that root has grown in popularity as far as want is concerned.

21. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    awesome congrats!