1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

I Want My Lock Screen Back!

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by TheMadJester, Dec 13, 2009.

1. TheMadJester

Bronze

Jul 14, 2009

Sponsored Ad

alright, i've tried, i really have. but i'm not a big fan of the this new lock screen. i'm sorry. i know i've been saying that there's nothing wrong with the update, that it doesn't screw anything up, but i was wrong. this new lock screen is horrible. i can't stand it. i think we should start a petition to get our old lock screen back. i can't believe this, what a way to ruin a phone, thanks google.

i'm going to start a facebook support group and an online petition, who's with me!?

2. gnath9

Silver

Feb 10, 2009
    Whadda !!! :032:question lol

what is it that you don't like ?
    I like the fact that the clock is bigger and more bold
    as far as the rest of it goes ... I don't see any problems with it. Am I missing something ?

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. tj!2k6

Bronze

Aug 7, 2006
    Not sure what the issue is with the lock screen... the font is different and a bit off-center, and the swipe is a straight across instead of circular... sure the old lock screen was perhaps more aesthetic, but the new one is hardly horrible or ruinous...

I'll sign your petition, though, if you post a link... ;)

5. ranjo105

Bronze

Nov 29, 2009
    This is serious ?

6. TheMadJester

Bronze

Jul 14, 2009
    check the tags i entered for the post. :dft012:wink

i do miss the "unlock wheel" very much. it sort of had that retro rotary dial feel to it. i really dug it.

7. gnath9

Silver

Feb 10, 2009
    yes I liked that better also. So its a trade off for me. (old guy needs bigger clock)

8. dragonfly

Bronze

Mar 27, 2007
    Good thing you didnt forget that L in clock LMAO.

As for the unlock screen isnt there a way you could customize the lock screen? so that it looks the way u want jester? or do none of them let you choose how to slide the screen?

9. TheMadJester

Bronze

Jul 14, 2009
    yeah, i do really like the new clock. i like how it's off center and the font is cool.

it's mostly the slide lock i don't like. it was actually a tiny bit easier for me to unlock the phone with the old one. the arc to the motion.

hahahahahahaha, at first glance that's actually what i read. you can see where my mind is. not that it's there often... i mean i don't think about... ah, forget it.

no joy, DF. the only option i see is to install a lock screen app. but none of the ones i've found really do it for me.

10. Gamehelper

Gamehelper New Member

Dec 14, 2009
    Options?

This to me is indicative of all the minor problems with the phone that quickly stack up....it's 2010....this is a new phone OS - why not lets us CHOOSE the lock interface we want to see?

Wow! There's an idea? Options, choices, I mean - would it really be that hard?

11. pantherpics

pantherpics New Member

Dec 9, 2009
    Chalk me up as another who liked the old lock motion.

JP

12. TheMadJester

Bronze

Jul 14, 2009
    actually, you can change the lock screen. there are several apps int he market that allow you to customize the lock screen and give you other options.

i just specifically miss the only rotary style unlock slide.

13. cookiemomster

cookiemomster New Member

Dec 12, 2009
    I find the new clock very sexy. Love the new look.

14. toosmoove

toosmoove New Member

Feb 14, 2007
    I want the old one back as well. I came here to search for an app to get it back but it might be unavailable. Gonna go to the store tomorrow.

15. gnath9

Silver

Feb 10, 2009
    I have noticed that if you open the keyboard first then it feels ok ... wonder if that was what google was thinking ? Still tho the curved unlock slider is more natural. It would be nice if they would leave the new clock and bring back the old unlock slide !!!