1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

ics

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by woodyktb, Apr 27, 2012.

1. woodyktb

woodyktb New Member

Apr 25, 2012

Sponsored Ad

alrite (y) have a galaxy s2 GT-I9100 version 2.35 gingerbread international t-mob locked.does any1 know if ics is available in the uk?i haven't had any message & i really don't know how to go about getting it or how to install.i don't have a pc just android phone & tablet.so if sum1 could shed some light on this that'd be sound thanks (y)

2. Sponsored Advertisement

3. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    I can't be sure of anything in the uk, but my understanding is that the TMo version of that phone was a different model entirely, the SGH-T989. I have read that the international version is the GT-i9100 and should have ICS released soon if it hasn't been already. The TMo version may be many months away if you have to wait for the carrier release.

If you are bold an adventurous you could root the phone and load ICS, but you will need a PC to do that.

Hopefully Scott will jump in to correct my mistakes as he is much more up on the rooting stuff.

You should try to verify the exact model too. If locked to a particular carrier and you don't have a PC I am afraid you will have to wait until an OTA upgrade is available.

4. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    Yes, rooting and load a ROM is always an option and not as hard as it seems.
    But it doesn't look like the T-Mo version is far off

5. loustewart

loustewart Member

Jun 4, 2012
    You can update the os manually with your galaxy s2 to upgrade to Android 4.0