1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

I'm having a problem with my Nexus One 'it stucks/shuts down Randomly!'

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by aqeelooo, Feb 16, 2011.

1. aqeelooo

aqeelooo New Member

Feb 16, 2011

Sponsored Ad

Hello.
    I'm new here, and I'd like some help.
    Sometimes, my phone stucks. and/or shuts down. Like I'm doing something sometimes it stucks I lock it and when I try to unlock it. The screen stays black. I let the device as it is for a while. Then Try to unlock it again in 10 minutes, doesnt work. Only solution is to remove the battery and put it again.
    I'm afraid this action is damaging my phone 'putting in and out the battery' for three or four times a day. It's really annoying.
    I don't know if it's a program that's causing all this. I ran AVG on it and everything seems fine.
    Sometimes the screen stucks and then goes back to normal after 10 - 20 secs and sometimes it doesnt even go back to normal stays as it is. STUCK, if I let it open. the phone starts to get HOTTER and HOTTER so only thing I can do is remove the battery and put it in again.
    I put my phone alot in the USB, I let it there for alot of time. I don't usuallly charge it normally with the battery-charger.
    I hope I get some answers. Thank you :dft009:smile

2. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    Sounds like there is some app that is running or causing the phone to lock up and get hot. Installed anything recently that you can think of?

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. Weapondrift

Gold

Feb 1, 2008
    aqueeloo two things:
    1) Running AVG will do nothing for your phone.
    2) I agree with Hockey, I think its definatly an application causing this. What programs are running constantly on your phone?
    3) Are you using any task manager program?

5. aqeelooo

aqeelooo New Member

Feb 16, 2011
    1- Errrm Okay.
    2- I always play 'Storm8' Games, such as World War/Vampires Live/Racing Live...etc. I also play a game named 'Game Dev Story' I have a feeling that 'Game Dev Story' is causing all this. Should I unistall it and see if it gets better?
    3- Yes, I'm using one. But it's famous I guess '250.000<Downloads', I didn't find any complaining about it though.

6. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    Regarding task managers,most people arent aware that Task Managers arent really needed. Android handles processes very well and close apps when needed.

Number of downloads dont really matter, its not needed.

7. Weapondrift

Gold

Feb 1, 2008
    To explain further the AVG part: There are viruses and malware available for Windows computers, but there are no viruses or malwares for Linux/Andorid. So in essence when you scan the sdcard/phone AVG is searching for Windows viruses because it doesnt know what to look for with Android. Alot of people automatically believe that Androids can get infected. The good news is at this point still it cannot.

2)I had to take a double take because I play and have Racing Live and Game Dev Story too haha :)
    Anywho. I recommend doing an uninstall of these games for a few days and see if the probelm persists. However what I believe is actually causing the problem might be #3

3) every so often a rooted phone comes along with a bad kernel (what controls the battery basically). Are you rooted and do you have a custom rom on your phone, or are you overclocked?

8. aqeelooo

aqeelooo New Member

Feb 16, 2011
    Well. I'm not sure what a custom rom is but I don't download any updates from the net. For E.g I waited Froyo until it gets released on my device 'until actually it popped out asking if i want to upgrade or not xD'
    And what do you mean by Overclocked? Sometimes the clock changes though. 3hours earlier/later. It's weird but it just goes back to normal at some point.

9. Weapondrift

Gold

Feb 1, 2008
    ok good so its not the kernel, but what does bother me is the heating up of your phone... try a few days without those apps installed on your phone and let us know.

Clocked means the speed at which the phones processor runs with Over meaning faster, and Under meaning slower.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Everything Android App

10. aqeelooo

aqeelooo New Member

Feb 16, 2011
    I already did Factory Reset. Reinstalled all the apps. it's better those few days 'after i've done factory reset' and it worked normally yesterday, the phone didnt stuck. and its not happening as much as before doing factory reset. So. It's getting better I guess.