1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

I'm trying to save money on my phone bill

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by Bobjob987, Oct 31, 2012.

1. Bobjob987

Bobjob987 New Member

Oct 31, 2012

Sponsored Ad

I am trying to save money on my phone bill. I pay 110 a month. I have a smart phone with unlimited text. But other than that I have the lowest number of minutes, and I was told that if I switch from unlimited data to the lowest plan I would save 1 dollar a month. So, I was wondering if anyone had some tips, secrets, or discounts to help save me money on my phonebill. I am a verizon user but would be willing to switch carriers since my contract is expiring. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

2. Bobjob987

Bobjob987 New Member

Oct 31, 2012
    I guess right along those lines I want to know if there is anyone carrier that is the cheapest. Or any that carry a great discount. Thanks again.

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. SRT845

SRT845 New Member

Nov 1, 2012
    The cheapest carrier that I have found is T-mobile. I switched from Verizon and my phone bill literally went form 110 to 60. That was half my bill, and I have seen no change in coverage. I have no problem with drop calls or anything.

5. SRT845

SRT845 New Member

Nov 1, 2012
    Also they do have a great discount if you go to studentrate.com you can access the discount. It's 10% off your monthly bill plus they give you cash back to wave the fee. I also think is for more than just T-mobile. But as I said before T-mobile is already the cheapest.

Hope that helps.

6. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    Verizon is notoriously the most expensive carrier. They do have the best network, but they make you pay for it....over and over and over.

I agree that TMo is the cheapest of the major carriers and if they provide the coverage for where you live, work and play you should consider them. Note that their network is not as extensive as Big Red's.

Also be aware their technology is different, GSM vs CDMA so the Verizon phone will not function on TMo's network.