1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Incoming call issues?

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by dragonfly, Jan 5, 2010.

1. dragonfly

Bronze

Mar 27, 2007

Sponsored Ad

Has anyone else recently had any problems when answering a call and not hearing anything on the other side? and having to than call that person back a few seconds later and than everythings fine?

This just started happening to me recently I thought maybe it was their phones but it only happends when they call me.

2. tj!2k6

Bronze

Aug 7, 2006
    That happened to me one time only... I could hear them if I put them on speakerphone, but if I switched back to the handset, I was unable to hear anything again...

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. Quie

Quie New Member

Jun 29, 2006
    Same Here

I have been having a lot of issues with incoming calls lately. I have narrowed it down to when I am receiving and sending text messages I seem to have this problem until I reboot the phone. I thought it was Handcent SMS, but I uninstalled it and still having the same issue. If I don't receive any text messages, I can answer the calls just fine.

5. dragonfly

Bronze

Mar 27, 2007
    my temporary fix for right now is when i answer the phone not to pull it right to my ear but to hit the speaker phone button and than hit it again and than the call works fine ? very confusing.

6. Daddeats

Daddeats New Member

Jan 8, 2010
    This repeatedly happens to me. Mainly when I have had my earphones in listening to Pandora. It works to restart it by taking the battery out (not ideal). Sometimes I have just put the earplug back in and out again. This is annoying. Any other suggestions?

7. manic

Bronze

Nov 8, 2009
    I have had the same problems not only with Pandora but with Youtube or anything I use my headphones with. Sometimes it does happen with calls too.This only started happening after the ota update. I haven't pulled the battery for this problem.I just insert and remove the headphones. Its annoying and hopefully fixed on next update

8. manic

Bronze

Nov 8, 2009
    Did you have headphones in or using BT? Like I said above I've had problems when using headphones. It happens after I remove them. The whole phone goes silent. This started right after the update. Before the update I also had this problem when using a voice recording app. Once I uninstalled it it stopped. So if your using headphones that's probaly the culprit. If not check any recent apps maybe that will help.

9. tj!2k6

Bronze

Aug 7, 2006
  10. manic

Bronze

Nov 8, 2009
    Well hopefully enough people complain and this gets fixed in the next updaate. According to the thread on that page they are suggesting to pull the battery everytime. This issue is recurring for me. I use my headphones everyday. I just simply reinsert and remove the jack and the sound returns. Pulling the battery or restarting the phone seems drastic to me especially if I have a call.

11. dragonfly

Bronze

Mar 27, 2007
    Not sure if it makes a difference but i was listening to just music i had loaded on my sd card the other day at the gym through my corded headphones a call came in and i was able to answer the call than unplugged the headphones and was able to talk with the person on the phone.

Not sure if it makes a diff that the music i was listening to was on the sd card or not but seemed to work fine for me that time, its very random when it hangs up on calls on me and to be honest ever since I started this thread it stopped happening almost like my droid knew i was upset with that feature, maybe i should be upset that the droid isnt giving me money and then money will spit out :)