1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Incredible OTA Update

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by n99hockey, Jul 2, 2010.

1. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007

Sponsored Ad

Are you an Incredible owner feeling left out of all the new Google goodness? (I know I am) Fret no longer it looks like the Incredible is going to get some new perks courtesy of an OTA Update. True its not FroYo but hey, that will come in time.

- 720p video recording (unlocked on the N1)
    - Mobile Hotspot (for rooted users and standard on an EVO)
    - (ie Droid X)
    - Security/Grounding issues (perhaps getting rid of that pesk oopsie that saves ALL website screen shots)

Looks like we are getting a little from each of the hotest phones. Thank you for not leaving us out, I mean hell, can YOUR phone live through a bonfire and still make calls? DROID Incredible DOES!!

No word on WHEN it will happen, but this was confirmed by HTC so now we get to play the waiting game.

2. Sponsored Advertisement

3. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
  4. connnie

Bronze

Nov 6, 2009
    I wonder when? I am so impatient. :)

5. Weapondrift

Gold

Feb 1, 2008
    you and me both!

6. connnie

Bronze

Nov 6, 2009
    Rumors on Twitter today that the OTA update was received on some Incredibles today. Not mine though :(

7. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    Not mine either.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Everything Android app

8. Weapondrift

Gold

Feb 1, 2008
    mine either lol

Only downside is i THINK if we do the OTA update we are going to lose our root. Im not 100% sure but I think its possible :/

9. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    its possible yes
    the unrevoked team hasnt confirmed if it will or not just yet, but said not to install if you rooted until they know for sure

10. aceofrazgriz

aceofrazgriz New Member

Apr 22, 2007
    i actually didn't root because of when i first heard about this update... hope it comes soon, then a root for it ha

11. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    i hoping the this OTA wont destroy the root access
    keeping an eye on @unrevoked on twitter :p

12. Jason de Manincor

Jason de Manincor New Member

Jul 18, 2010
    With all the stories in Droid-Life and other sites I really thought I'd get the update this weekend. That has not happened to me or anyone I know. Anyone get it?

13. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    I didn't get it yet either. I was hoping this weekend too. Although by weeks end of the coming week we should all get it.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Everything Android app

14. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    Looks like those of us waiting for this little OTA Update can stop waiting, its not coming, instead HTC will be including this OTA with a NEW OTA at the end of this month/beginning of next month which includes FroYo.

BGR Reports:
    BGR

So now we get to wait a little longer for A LOT more.

Thoughts?

15. beesy

beesy New Member

Jun 1, 2010
    Htc Incredible 2.2 update

Well I just got off the phone with the Verizon Tech and he says, Google just finished and released the 2.2 update for the Incredible last week, the problem is that it has to be tested, so this means we will not get it until late August or early September :dft007:angry

16. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    wow large text!
    i think we will get it much sooner than September, i hope! :)

welcome to eA!!

17. aceofrazgriz

aceofrazgriz New Member

Apr 22, 2007
    Sept is being hopeful... Verizon is anal with their testing. Example: For the Omnia, it took 7 months for them to release an update (mostly for GPS unlock.) We got a leaked test update that worked perfectly after 3 months, but official still took 4 more. While i'm doubtful, i just hope we get lucky.

18. connnie

Bronze

Nov 6, 2009
    Was it not going to include Flash?

19. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    im pretty sure thats bundled in to FroYo

20. aceofrazgriz

aceofrazgriz New Member

Apr 22, 2007
    i believe you have to get it from the market, it only shows up in the market on phones with 2.2