1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

information needed for Android.

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by awaisagha1, Dec 20, 2012.

1. awaisagha1

awaisagha1 New Member

Dec 14, 2012

Sponsored Ad

hi
    i want to know something,whats difference in different versions of Android OS,is there also software compatibility as well,i mean some apps won't work on latest version of OS?
    further i read on many forums that Android is not so much OS for cellular phones,still the old ones are better,i have myself used Symbian from Nokia but now it is too much closed OS with very low quality apps market,iOS has vast market but i want to buy Android but before that i want to do a proper research for it.
    i hope you won't get annoyed with my questions and would help me.

2. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    You are essentially asking the same questions you asked in your previous post here. Not necessary to open a new thread.

Regarding what you say you have read that Android is not so much OS for cellular phones....I can't imagine what you have read and where. Post some links. I believe Android was written specifically as a phone OS so your comment makes no sense. Maybe it was disgruntled users ranting about their personal dislikes?

Your proper research should start with going to some provider stores to see what phones they offer, how they feel in your hands and how the UI looks to you. Always select the provider first before you get set on a particular phone model. Select the provider that offers the best coverage for where you live, work and play. Then start exploring apps by looking to see if apps you would use are available for the phone and OS version you can use on your selected provider's handsets. If you want to buy your phone from a seller rather than a cellular provider make sure you will be able to use it on your provider's network. That is especially important for CDMA providers as phones are generally only able to be used on one network as they are locked to that network. For example Sprint phones generally can't be used on Verizon networks. Most providers outside the USA are GSM and phones are sold unlocked so it is easier to move from provider to provider.

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. Android provides a robust multi-layered security architecture that provides the flexibility required for an open platform, while providing protection for all users of the platform. This document focuses on the security features of the core Android platform.

5. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    Please don't post nonsense. What document are you referring to?

Remove you spam links or I will take care of it for you.

6. xpl0iter

xpl0iter New Member

Jan 8, 2013
    Sorry to say this, but android was created by some other people and not by google. It was in 2005 google bought android from its original creators.

Now as for the topic question,
    Android is an open source platform for mobiles and tablets. Its so powerful and yet easy to use. Symbian is nothing compared to android as I have used Symbian in my past days too. Android is like an open ground on which you can go and build stuffs. The only limit is your imagination. Also bricking while rooting in android is such a rare cases. So you can use android and root it without much fear. Even if it is bricked there are way to recover your phone to working conditions.

I have only one thing to say here. PLEASE STOP READING THOSE FORUMS.
    They know nothing if they have written like it. Also The newer versions of android are too good. I mean with the features it has brought no one can say older android OS is better. Now see the latest jellybean os has builtin feature for multiple useraccounts login(which will only be available on tabs).

Also look at the vast variety of phones with different specs available in android.

#5 xpl0iter, Jan 8, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 8, 2015