1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

installing a game manually , help please !!!

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by janos kurucz1, Dec 17, 2012.

1. janos kurucz1

janos kurucz1 New Member

Dec 17, 2012

Sponsored Ad

Downloaded a third party game today, only instructions are to copy file to android/obb folder !
    Did this , still would load or install or whatever its meant to do..?

Downloaded easy installer on android market , it found the file straight away , installed , shows icon in home , but dosent play ???

Please any advice for a complete noob !

2. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    Is the file you downloaded an .APK file? If so just download it, put it on the phone (anywhere really, but SD Card folder is a good spot) and then click on it to install.

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. janos kurucz1

janos kurucz1 New Member

Dec 17, 2012
    When I view the file with a file manager programming, it shows two files, one is the larger file which says something like obb ending, the other which is only 3.5 mob says its an apk file ? But when I click on that and it trys to install it says xapk validation failed.....?

5. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    I don't know why you would need a obb file and an apk file. Is this program not available on the Play Store?

6. Mudcatin

Mudcatin Guest

First you have to download the apk file from the internet and install it. We do this to run the game first. Then copy the folder that contain game oob file to 'sdcard/Android/oob'. The folder name sholud be in this fromat 'com.xxx.xxx'.

7. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    Please remove the spam links from your signature. That is a TOS violation.......

8. Jimbofoshow

Jimbofoshow New Member

Feb 14, 2013
    Is it a bootleg game?

sent from gnex with trinity kernal and jbsourcery 4.2.1

9. Jimbofoshow

Jimbofoshow New Member

Feb 14, 2013
    A paid game you downloaded without paying for it? If thats the case then you got some hacking to do...

sent from gnex with trinity kernal and jbsourcery 4.2.1

10. knuckles1978

knuckles1978 New Member

Mar 10, 2013
    Sounds like it to me

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD