1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Installing apps on G1 or card?

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by imported_Jake, Oct 31, 2008.

1. imported_Jake

imported_Jake New Member

Oct 31, 2008

Sponsored Ad

How do I know when I'm downloading apps on my G1 or on the microsd card? Does it make a difference? Will apps run the same way on the sd card?

2. johnnydangerously

Bronze

Aug 20, 2006
    Good question, but I think right now you can only install on the device. I've checked my SD card and it's got 907MB left out of 974MB. My guess is that the music that came pre-installed is taking up that space. I downloaded a ton of apps last night and this number hasn't changed.

I wonder when it might become an issue? Adding apps is kind of addicting and space might be an issue.

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. kalva2410

kalva2410 New Member

Oct 4, 2008
    I couldn`t agree more.What good does it do to have a micro card?? Doesn`t make any sense at all.

5. imported_baggins

imported_baggins New Member

Feb 19, 2009
    adding apps is definitely addicting i have had my gphone now for about a week and i have run out of space on the phone, the card has plenty of space on it even with adding a couple songs...I guess they didn't think people would install every fart app the market had to offer...good bye fartdroid the kids will miss you

6. droidster

droidster New Member

Mar 11, 2009
    The apps are installed on the device and theSD uses for storage like photos/music etc..

7. Chaz4Jazz

Chaz4Jazz New Member

Mar 17, 2009
    So - big question: How do we delete an App once it is installed. I read online to go to App management, tap the App, then tap "uninstall" except I've looked high and low and cannot find any "uninstall" option. Little help? Please?

8. Chaz4Jazz

Chaz4Jazz New Member

Mar 17, 2009
    OK, i'm answering my own question. In the app list, of the numeral "0" appears next to the app the "Uninstall button" does not appear - apparently there's nothing to uninstall. If there are app size numerals alongside the app name - the "uninstall button" appears. I still don't know if uninstalling rids the phone of the app - because the app name and icon remain on the list.

9. JasminBerkova

JasminBerkova New Member

Mar 20, 2009
    Did you hear about BEST software for promo and SEO? ;)

Wow! This program can EVERYTHING!!!

+ mass post threads and messages on forums, blogs, guestbooks, boards, bulletins
    + mass send PM (personal messages) to ALL users on thouthands forums simultaneously (multi-threading)
    + automatically register e-mail accounts on GMAIL.Com and other email services
    + automatically break CAPTCHAs - you see, this forum has captcha on registering, but it's was breaked ;)
    + have a lot of tools for links databases processing and analysing
    + automatically confirm all links from e-mail account
    + built-in "question-answer" system, mass post-editing system
    + a lot of other features

Name of this program - XRumer 5.0 Palladium
    Not XRunner, not XRoomer, not xrumer - but XRumer.

(versions XRumer 2.9 and XRumer 3.0 are too old)

Just ask Google! ;)

10. imported_Thomas

imported_Thomas New Member

Mar 20, 2009
    This is a real bummer that you cant save to the SD card, but a couple of things you can do to make sure you have room on your phone.
    1) goto settings > applications > manage applications > click the menu button and select sort by size
    LOOK at your BROWSER and YOUTUBE apps, if you use them a lot, the MB use will be high. Simply select them and CLEAR the data, and you will get back tons of room. I once have 12 MB on the browser alone.
    Hope this helps someone.
    T

11. Chaz4Jazz

Chaz4Jazz New Member

Mar 17, 2009
    Thank you Thomas. I've done that. Still haven't figured out how to absolutely delete apps that don't work well (Voice Search, etc.) Looking next to them, I see "0" size, when I "manage" them, there is no "uninstall" button visible - so, like I say above, it seems they're not able to be uninstalled. The icons are still on the phone, so are they still installed? Any help? Anybody?

12. imported_Thomas

Mar 20, 2009
    Hey Chaz,
    From what I know, if your trying to get rid of programs that come with the phone (the main ones) google has locked them out from being able to delete them all together. There is a way to "brick" your phone (I dont suggest that unless you really know what your doing) - to have access to do that. I also do not think that the apps that let you into the file management of your phone will let you delete an app that comes with the phone either. ***But when you are on the application manager, and the app says 0mb - consider it "gone' in the sense of using any space up on the phone. With the icon and the folder, together are lucky to take up 5kb. So I wouldnt worry too much about them.
    T

13. Chaz4Jazz

Chaz4Jazz New Member

Mar 17, 2009
    Thank you Thomas. Just so you know, I wasn't trying to uninstall programs that were embedded when the phone arrived, just those I got sucked into downloading. So, there's no way you know of to rid the phone of the icons of uninstalled apps? I am lovin this phone, nevertheless. Oh, by the way, I asked on another thread if this phone had a "smart text" - does it, or is there an app you know of that will do that? Later, and thanks again.

14. imported_Thomas

Mar 20, 2009
    unless they are on the home screen Chez, I dont know. As for the "smart Text'. In settings under Locale and Text, you can set auto-replace / auto caps / and auto punctuate. I think these are awesome features that help out when typing. If you have those set it makes texting so much easier, as well as sending emails. Hope it helps.
    T