1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Insufficient Storage !!

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by arunonline1, Dec 5, 2015.

1. arunonline1

arunonline1 Guest

Sponsored Ad

hey,
    My new phone :-
    Samsung Galaxy J2
    Quad-core 1.3 GHz Cortex-A7
    1 GB Ram
    8 GB internal memory.

Firstly, i'm new to android & facing a problem. Internal memory is 8gb & now free space is showing as 460MB. But, i cannot update or download an app. The error shows "Insufficient storage - Consider deleting apps or content you no longer need". I cleared all; cache files but same error. The interesting point is that i can make use of the remaining 460mb for music files/videos (which i have confirmed). It doesn't show any error. But, i can't download an app or update. I'm seeking help to solve this. Waiting for valuable solution.

2. BrianRobins

Bronze

Oct 9, 2015
    Maybe your storage is full you can check it in the settings then storage. Or you go to the nearest samsung service center to solve your problem.

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. EdwardSmith36

EdwardSmith36 New Member

Jan 2, 2016
    Why don't you check in your memory storage? There might be some apps which occupied lots of space. Just check it ones & try to uninstall them.

5. Angelica

Angelica New Member

Feb 11, 2016
    Please visit it. It can be helpful.

6. vince0190

vince0190 New Member

Mar 22, 2016
    delete unnecessary apps on your phone, and also dont updates the apps that you didnt use it will affect your memory

7. Astrologer Home

Astrologer Home New Member

Mar 3, 2016
    You need to do is just reset your phone at factroy setting and erase all data.

8. Paul Burke

Paul Burke New Member

Mar 29, 2016
    Hello, even I am facing the similar issue. I have deleted unnecessary apps and clear all cache files but nothing change. I have updated the software of my android phone after that this is a problem happening. I also need a perfect solution for this.

9. rosario1990

Bronze

Feb 1, 2015
    If reset phone then will lost useful data.

10. priya verma

priya verma New Member

Jun 9, 2016
    Hi Arun,
    If you are facing the insufficient storage error while downloading an app.There are many apps in our phone which cannot be transfer from phone memory to memory card.But many of the apps can be transfer from phone memory to memory card.for eg-games,messanger etc.After taking this action, you would be able to make some space in your phone and would be able to download and update your apps.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Mudasir khan

Mudasir khan New Member

Jun 11, 2016
    Those apps which come inbuilt with in the device cannot be transfer to SD card. Now you have 2 options either to remove some of the apps and then download the desire one or to reset your phone and download all of them again. But what i do my self and what i suggest is that to reset your phone and then download all the apps from a apk site. Apk is a new method of downloading android apps that is very much helpful for this low storage device problem. You can download it easly just search it in google.com like facebook apk or the other option is to go directly to apk sites like [LINK REMOVED BY MOD] search for the desire app or game there and then download the file.

Let me made it every clear that apk is not a 3rd part. You can trust any apk file as you do it from play store. Apk file are downloaded from play store and then published in these sites.

Best of Luck

#10 Mudasir khan, Jun 11, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 14, 2016
  12. shwta_w

shwta_w New Member

Jun 6, 2016
    If you have memory card in your phone,then please transfer your all device data(including apps) to memory card so that you will get free space on you device storage.

13. ahey68

ahey68 New Member

Jul 7, 2016
    you can check it in the settings then storage .