1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Internet pass thru

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by Alkali, Dec 25, 2010.

1. Alkali

Bronze

Dec 17, 2010

Sponsored Ad

How do i get this to work? Is kind of on & off thing. It appears to be working and do not connect at times.

Sent from my Desire HD using Everything Android App

2. bberryhill0

Silver

Feb 14, 2009
    Wireless tethering? What are you trying to connect?

Swyped from my Eris running xtrSense 3.

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. Alkali

Bronze

Dec 17, 2010
    My phone to internet thru computer connection.

5. bberryhill0

Silver

Feb 14, 2009
    Still not clear. Connecting your phone to wifi?

6. PacoJr67

Bronze

Mar 6, 2007
    I think he means using the computer's internet on the phone instead of either Data or WiFi, I used that on my Q9c after I put the Touch Pro on my account. Haven't tried to do it on an Android phone yet

7. bberryhill0

Silver

Feb 14, 2009
    I didn't think that was possible. Do you run a program to turn the computer into a router? How do you get the phone to switch to USB for internet?

8. Alkali

Bronze

Dec 17, 2010
    It's possible bberry. I have just done it! Connect USB and select internet pass thru and we are done , only problem takes sometime to connect.

9. bberryhill0

Silver

Feb 14, 2009
    It must be something new on HTC Froyo. Googling is not getting me very far. It seems to require HTC Sync on the computer. Much confusion on the forums.

Tethering is running your computer from the phone's internet connection (PDANet or EasyTether). Internet pass through goes the other way. Internet pass-through is a new option on the USB connection list on the phone in addition to Mount as Drive and Charge Only... I think...

http://blog.brightpointuk.co.uk/using-internet-passthrough-mode-htc-desire-z-and-desire-hd

"In order to use Internet Passthrough mode, you will need to have HTC Sync version 3.0.5439 or later installed on the PC."

Attached Files: