1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Introducing the MOTO CLIQ with MOTO BLUR

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by ninjaap, Sep 10, 2009.

1. mike250rs

Bronze

Nov 24, 2007
    ..pssst link 1 & 2 no worky..

2. Sponsored Advertisement

3. ninjaap

ninjaap New Member

Mar 23, 2008
    Okay try now. You will need a PC browser though. These pages won't work on mobile. It may work with Skyfire.

4. mike250rs

Bronze

Nov 24, 2007
    ahh much better(er) :)

Kinda reminds me of the Pre feature wise.. only in a slightly better wrapper.

5. ninjaap

ninjaap New Member

Mar 23, 2008
    Yes it does. One key feature that I think is very useful - you can remotely wipe your device if it was ever lost or stolen. Then when you get a new phone you can restore all your info (PIM, and social info stuff) automagically from a server.

6. kareljack

kareljack New Member

Apr 22, 2008
    Yeah..I've been reading the details of this phone for the past few 4 hours and trying to like it but.... not really..
    I don't want my homescreen to be barraged with feeds of my Facey spaces and Tweetie pages. I am content with launching the apps or mobile sites.
    It seems this phone is being targeted to the Paris Hilton set.... with that self indulgent need to be always connected to their friends 24-7.

7. ninjaap

ninjaap New Member

Mar 23, 2008
    Updated first post with hard specs

8. ninjaap

ninjaap New Member

Mar 23, 2008
    I think you may have hit it right on the money...

9. mike250rs

Bronze

Nov 24, 2007
    +1 at the security/restore feature. I hope this becomes standard in the near future.

10. Aixelsyd

Bronze

Jan 25, 2009
    I'll second that thought myself.Thank heavens I don't have an refuse to have a page on any of the sites, you just better be able to remove the stuff from the screen if it is not needed or used. Lets just hope the sholes doesn't come the same way.

+2 on the wiping feature tho.

11. jhalsey205

jhalsey205 New Member

Oct 29, 2006
    is there a reliable eta on the sholes (on verizon)?

12. PacoJr67

Bronze

Mar 6, 2007
    they didn't mantion anything about the sholes in the keynote speach

13. ninjaap

ninjaap New Member

Mar 23, 2008
    A short hands on video with BGR added to OP.

I was wondering where the EWM thread went. LOL Sorry for double posting Chris or whoever moved the thread. :dft011:tounge_out

14. ninjaap

ninjaap New Member

Mar 23, 2008
    I'm going to take an educated guess and say that these features will show up on the Sholes as well. Motorola looks to be highly focused on the social networking aspect. During the presentation, Sanjay Jha emphasized that millions (I forget the exact number) connect to social networking via mobile everyday. and growing at an alarming rate. So that to me spells out their recipe for success - or so they hope it is. Apparently they are convinced that Android can help them achieve this.

I do agree with you that there needs to be an option to remove unwanted widgets.

15. Aixelsyd

Bronze

Jan 25, 2009
    Latest report I just heard was it is pushed back for early Dec now because of it getting updated to Android 2.0 which is not completely finished yet on Googles end.

FYI word I got last night from 2 contact is the Sholes will not have Blur. Moto Blur is for Moto branded Android devices. The Sholes is supposedly coming with Android 2.0 and will have the stock Google look that is being updated, but more or less be like the G1 which has the standard google UI look to it. Also word was the Sholes is being done as a " Google Experiance device " which by def per Google is
    "The bigger strings option or the no-censorship version: These phones Google calls “The Google Experience.” They are physically distinguishable by the “Google” logo on the phone. They include a range of Google applications that the carrier and handset maker agree not to remove from the phone. The carrier and handset maker also agree not to censor access to the Android market. Which means that if some developer comes up with an application that some people find distasteful, or that gets bad press, it must nevertheless remain available to consumers"

Bottom line on the Sholes IMO is only time will tell once we hear details. Which supposedly will be addressed at the Moto deal ( forget the name of the show)they have on 10/6/2009.

16. ninjaap

ninjaap New Member

Mar 23, 2008
    That would be a sweet device in theory - Google branded Moto phone. But I have my doubts about VZW agreeing to not censoring apps and even allowing Android Market. It was reported that VZW will not include Windows Mobile Marketplace in their compatible devices. Instead they want to use their current app store. I'd imagine this would be the same for Android devices, or there may be an uproar with WM fans.

Who knows, there may be more complicated things happening as it was also reported that VZW was not invited to Moto's Android announcement... but that could also be due to the fact that they only announced a T-Mo device.