1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

iPhone 4s Devotee handed Galaxy Duos (Needing new Root/Rom) from Boss

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by Dex Pt'Chang, May 9, 2013.

1. Dex Pt'Chang

Dex Pt'Chang New Member

Nov 30, 2012

Sponsored Ad

I guess he is testing my abilities. My Boss has given me a new Galaxy Duos. He took it somewhere to get it unlocked (I think) & apparently the phone guru put the wrong install on the phone. I asked him to tell me what's wrong & this is what he replied...
    "Grey import that was stuck with a Chinese ROM. Took it to Chaddy for someone to service for $35 bucks and it doesn’t boot anymore, just sits on the Samsung logo screen.You’ll need to root it, change the region code (to Australia) probably using ODIN if it’s what I used to use ages ago, and then install an appropriately downloaded ROM."
    So, bearing in mind I'm a bit of a noob at this Android sitch could someone point me in the right direction please?

2. Dex Pt'Chang

Dex Pt'Chang New Member

Nov 30, 2012
    Hmm. 12 looks & not one bit of advice. Perhaps I should'nt have said I used an iPhone. Seems Apple folks were much more forthcoming with replies on this sites equivalent for iPhones.

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    Not the mention of the iToy. Just do not have experience with gray-market Chinese phones and have no idea what to advise....

5. iP5

iP5
    Bronze

Oct 23, 2010
    Check XDA to see if English ROMs are developed for this phone. Chinese units typically only have Chinese ROMs, especially the mid and low tiers.

Sent from my Nexus 4