1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

iPhone G3 vs. Android G1

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by iCafe, Sep 23, 2008.

1. iCafe

iCafe New Member

Sep 23, 2008

Sponsored Ad

Showdown: HTC T-Mobile G1 VS. iPhone 3G
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Here are some major differences you'll notice: iPhone 3G has a multi-touch screen while the G1 just has a touch screen (meaning it can't track multiple simultaneous gestures) although it does have a trackball and QWERTY keyboard; the G1 doesn't have true video playback capabilities (although it does have video-streaming capabilities via YouTube) while the iPhone 3G does; Apple's reported battery life for iPhone 3G on standby time is significantly longer than the G1's; iPhone 3G has support for Microsoft Exchange, while G1 doesn't.

So specifications-wise, the iPhone 3G appears to have the G1 beat. We'll just have to see which one outperforms the other when we get our hands on the G1 soon. Google Android better be one hell of an operating system if HTC wishes to compete with the hugely successful iPhone accompanied by its prolific App Store.

2. jigyasa

Bronze

Sep 21, 2008
  3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. Lincoln

Lincoln New Member

Sep 23, 2008
    Good to see ya Tom. ;)

5. kogama

Bronze

May 16, 2008
    i go for the g1 right now because eventually itll have more apps

6. iCafe

iCafe New Member

Sep 23, 2008
    Hey Lincoln, hows it going on the other side?
    making the switch?

7. johnnydangerously

Bronze

Aug 20, 2006
    I read today where it will have push gMail. Now, I have a ton of accounts that I manage through one gMail account. Having them pushed to my phone is a big plus. I have MobileMe, but I don't use my mac account for much. I just cannot seem to give it up.

Third party software will be a big boost for gPhone. I think it will appeal to Windows Mobile users moreso than iPhone owners. I've yet to check it out, but the G1 doesn't have the "elegance" factor of the iPhone. Now, could I do away with the elegance if it runs Slingplayer, Sirius and pushes all of my email. Then again, my job puts me in front of a computer most of the time.:D

8. Lincoln

Lincoln New Member

Sep 23, 2008
    Not a chance. ;) iPhone's not going anywhere; I'm just here to learn.

9. jigyasa

Bronze

Sep 21, 2008
    Even I am using the iPhone almost ever since it was released. But that doesn't mean I can't LOVE gPhone :). There is nothing wrong with appreciating the better one. Is it? :)

10. kogama

Bronze

May 16, 2008
    nope nothing wrong at all i like my Q but im loving the Ghone ( g1 ) better

11. theevilone

theevilone New Member

Sep 26, 2008
    Can not wait until Oct 22 because I can buy one then.

12. Sav

Sav
    Bronze

Sep 28, 2008
    The G1 seems like a pretty cool phone, but when it comes down to looks, god the iPhone is so much sexier :)

P.S. Hey Lincoln, Chris, iCafe. :)

13. kogama

Bronze

May 16, 2008
    looks are only good when your showing it off to people who know nothing about phones

14. Sav

Sav
    Bronze

Sep 28, 2008
    Not necessarily. Of course the features are important to me but looks matter almost as much to me, and I hate showing people my phone.

15. kogama

Bronze

May 16, 2008
    lol why when i show people my phone their like wow nice phone makes me like it more

16. imported_Kim

imported_Kim New Member

Oct 12, 2008
  17. PunkZanyJ

PunkZanyJ New Member

Oct 10, 2008
    I don't think I'll ever understand this. I don't think gadgets are sexy.

Maybe if you put the iPhone in something low cut and mesh....:D:p

18. Sav

Sav
    Bronze

Sep 28, 2008
    Do you think some cars are "better looking" or "nicer" than others?

19. PunkZanyJ

PunkZanyJ New Member

Oct 10, 2008
    Nope, they'll all pretty much the same to me unless they're painted baby poop green.

20. Sav

Sav
    Bronze

Sep 28, 2008
    Interesting... :rolleyes:

P.S. I dont mean that smiley as the rolling eyes smiley. I mean it more like a interesting/thinking kind of way. (If that makes sense)