1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Is it possible to get a virus on the G1 browser?

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by Lithium98, Nov 24, 2008.

1. Lithium98

Lithium98 New Member

Oct 24, 2008

Sponsored Ad

I opened up the browser just now and went to my homepage, which happens to be yahoo.com. It loads the yahoo search engine for a quick second and then loads a whole different page saying "alert: your computer have been attacked by spyware or viruses! please download antispyware to fix." Then it gives me a link to click, which I won't do. I can tell this isn't a legit warning because of the horrible grammer.

Every other page loads up just fine and I've cleared the cookies, chache, and history. I'm thinking there's an app that I've downloaded that's messing with my browser for kicks, but I haven't downloaded any apps recently enough to suspect them.

What do I do now? Anyone know of anything like this happening?

2. my95z34

my95z34 New Member

Aug 21, 2007
    Im sure its prolly possible, but I doubt you have one. Have you installed any apps not from the market?

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. ctaylor52

ctaylor52 New Member

Nov 18, 2008
    Virus

I would think any microcomputer open to the internet is capable of obtaining a virus. If you download from a site which is not authorized. It would seem that there should be some type of antivirus for the system.:rolleyes:

5. joeknows

joeknows New Member

Nov 26, 2008
    Just about any consumer electronic that uses code to execute functions is vulnerable to viruses. It just takes someone with the knowledge and time to come up with it. I am surprised you got a virus already, considering the G1 has not been out so long. I wonder if on the Android Market, they look at apps before they publish them. That way they could check for a virus before it gets unleashed on the public.

6. glsda

Bronze

Oct 11, 2008
    I believe if you are downloading via your computer and not via wi-fi in a public place and you have any type of anti virus software it should catch it.