1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

is my battery faulty?

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by xDD, Dec 25, 2011.

1. xDD

xDD New Member

Dec 25, 2011

Sponsored Ad

Well I wasn't shore on what to get for Christmas so I decided to get the incredible s,on Friday I finally opened it turned it on and didn't charge it till yesterday I waited for it to die,charged it through my laptop my sister took it off while it was mostly charged,turned it on then put it back on.I've noticed my battery is dying its already on orange I haven't been doing a lot,installing apps not many,I go back and forth on facebook.I don't ring or text

2. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    The more you use it the more the battery dies...so if you were using it, loading apps and setting it up and what not its going to use the battery.

You will have to charge it each night..

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    Point of reference. LiIon batteries do not like to be discharged completely on a regular basis. That will shorten the useable life of the battery so when you are near a power source you should keep it topped off.

The biga beautiful screen uses a bunch of power so take it off automatic and turn down the brightness as much as you can and that wil help a lot. Watch the apps running in the background too. Weather apps should be updatong less than hourly and polling for email can be increased instead of instantaneous if you don't need the quick notifications.

The vibrate mode also consumes lots of juice to run the motor.

You can improve battery life if you do some research and experimentation.

Enjoy.....

Sent from my PC36100 using Everything Android

5. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    Since the OP never returned to provide details of exactly what was being done and exactly what the timing of all this was it is premature to assume there is anything wrong.

We really don't know how the device and battery were behaving. The description of when it was charged, how much it was charged and when it was running out were very, very vague.

#4 stevetaz, Jan 16, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 8, 2015