1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Is Nexus Dead? Rumor Gets New Life....But....

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by stevetaz, Jan 31, 2014.

1. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008

Sponsored Ad

With the recent Google/Samsung patent agreement the rumors of Google killing the Nexus are breathing with renewed vigor. Did Samsung squeeze that concession out of Google? No one really knows, but it is certain the rumor mill won't be quieting down for some time.

Actually there are some compelling reasons why it might make sense, but there are also compelling reasons why it does not. Could Samsung have simply gotten Google to raise the price of the Nexus so Samsung is better able to compete? That is another possibility.

An article about the situation is here.

What do you think?

2. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    I sure hope we don't lose the Nexus line. I do not want the Samsung crapware on my phones, I want Android as Google intends Android to be.

If the Nexus line was to go away Motorola would have been my next avenue to turn to but with the sale of Motorola to Lenovo, I have NO idea whats going to happen.

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    Well, if it does happen one of the guesses is that Google would require Samsung dump all the crapware to make their devices more true to the Android Google envisioned.

If it actually happens maybe it will be a win-win....I happen to like Samsung devices.

5. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    We can only hope.

They make good hardware, but I don't want Samsung proprietary software that only works with Samsung phones. If I wanted to go that route, I would just buy an iOS product.

6. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    OMG....Say it isn't so....

7. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    Haha NO!

8. chris

Administrator

Jun 1, 2006
    Settle down now. Nothing wrong with an iOS product. ;)

9. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    Oh. So that is where you have been.....:(