1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Is the Samsung Galaxy Tab available without a data plan?

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by Reinhardek, Feb 26, 2011.

1. Reinhardek

Reinhardek New Member

Feb 26, 2011

Sponsored Ad

I was wondering if the Samsung Galaxy Tab, like the iPad, comes in a version that doesn't need a data plan. One where I can just hook it up to wi-fi. I've been meaning to get a tab, either the Galaxy or iPad. But I feel like the Galaxy Tab has won me over, however, I'd like to know if there's a version that doesn't need a data plan. I can't seem to find the information online.

2. gnath9

Silver

Feb 10, 2009
    You can buy the Galaxy Tab for $499 off contract but, I think you still have to activate it for $35 and pay another $20 for 1gig of data. Then you can cancel with out penalty. But, for me ... I like having the data option and 20 bucks a month won't break me. I will drop my Droid when my contract is up and put a larger data plan on my Tab.

Sent from my SCH-I800 using Everything Android App

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    I appreciate you registering, but please stop resurrecting old threads and posting nonsense....

#3 stevetaz, Dec 21, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 8, 2015
  5. rockdenim

rockdenim Guest

im sure there is a wifi version of the galaxy tab, from what ive read on littlewoods.com

6. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    Last time I will ask.....Please remove the spam links in your signature. It is a TOS violation.....