1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Is there a way i can get ice cream sandwich installed on my samsung galaxy s?

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by rockstar54, Dec 25, 2011.

1. rockstar54

rockstar54 New Member

Dec 25, 2011

Sponsored Ad

i've read at many sites that they won't allow upgrades for samsung galaxy s.

I am new to using android and someone told me that there was a way.
    please help...i want to try ICS.

2. iP5

iP5
    Bronze

Oct 23, 2010
    I'm sure the ROM devs are working on a tight ASOP release to begin with.

Sent from my mobilephone using Tapatalk

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. dgray636

Bronze

Aug 22, 2010
    Not sure exactly how you would do it, but I do know you first have to root it. That will void your warranty though, so if you screw up, you will be screwed.

Sent from my Xoom using Everything Android

5. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    It wont be officially upgraded, so like dgray636 said you would need to root and load the custom rom on your phone.

6. AndroTech

AndroTech New Member

Jan 10, 2012
    There is a launcher on the Market that makes your phone look and feel like it has ICS installed on it. It's a nice compromise if you don't want to gamble with ROMs.

7. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    Got a link?

8. AndroTech

AndroTech New Member

Jan 10, 2012
    Chocolate or vanilla ? Oh you said linK.... I thought you said lick :p

In that case click.... HERE :)

9. sambhavna

sambhavna Guest

Samsung has already announced it officially that galaxy users will not be getting the ICS update, samsung is more focusing on selling its handset rather than feeding the customer better. So better change your device, buy the new Nokia Lumia from windows, you will keep getting updates like your PC.

10. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    At least give the OP ALL the options, like stated above, you can load ICS yourself, very easy, and we have a community here to HELP.

OH, and good luck with Windows Phone....jump on a OS that has LESS market share than its previous version of WM6.1
    Be sure to head over to our sister site www.everythingwm.com when you get it ;)

11. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    Yes...Jump all over WP...Probably the only OS with fewer users than BlackBerry!

And yes, it will get updates like your PC....Because it needs them to close security flaws and boo boos.

Excellent choice!

12. sambhavna

sambhavna Guest

1.75 million Nokia Lumia sold in the past 45 days and 3 million pre-orders are pending, Since Nokia is selling them at a reasonable price so they are not showing off their revenues and earnings. This is just only one Nokia model i.e,Lumia.
    How many handsets did Samsung sell especially any particular handsets that was released only in december 2011 ?
    Samsung had released many models like nexus,nexus prime, galaxy ace and much more but is there any particula models that was sold or pre-ordered in Millions.
    OMG:) Samsung is busy in legal allegations against iphones ?

13. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    I suppose it is nice you found something like this to keep you busy and occupied.

14. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    We get it you don't like Samsung, if you want to discuss the Nokia Lumia I suggest you head over to everythingwm.com, if not then it would be in your best interest to leave it alone already. We are tired of hearing you whine and complain because you aren't getting what you want.

15. iP5

iP5
    Bronze

Oct 23, 2010
  16. sambhavna

sambhavna Guest

Just weeks ago Samsung has announced a value pack of ICS to the Galaxy S series users. But what exactly is this value pack. Value pack offers just a limited edition of some limited added features like one of two features in your galaxy S. But is that enough....No Never. Since 0 million users screwed Samsung over the internet so this is the way how Samsung wants to close the voice of the screaming users.
    Samsung never accepts its faults and unsatisfactory services to its customers.
    Every month 10 new samsung galaxy handsets are launched with just minor look changes and the version of andriods would be like 2.1, 2.1, 2.3 and so on in every handset. so Samsung is not able to deliver any big change in its new devices and is really backward in technology.

17. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    0 million.....That must be a whole lot....

18. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    I am extremely close to kicking you the hell off this site....

19. sambhavna

sambhavna Guest

Cool..........
    REALITY HURTS.............omg

20. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    Off your meds again?

21. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    Oh, and I heard Samsung isn't upgrading you to ICS because they are waiting for JellyBean to upgrade everyone to so wait for it......:p