1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

It is really incredible!!!

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by atobe, Jan 5, 2013.

1. atobe

atobe New Member

Nov 23, 2012

Sponsored Ad

17.4 million iOS and Android devices were activated on Christmas.

[​IMG]

2. xpl0iter

xpl0iter New Member

Jan 8, 2013
    Don't say iphone beat android on the number of activated devices?

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. rom x

Bronze

Jun 27, 2011
    apple used to be on top of the food chain but not no more. apple stocks are falling while samsung stocks are climbing.

5. rldtan

rldtan New Member

Jan 15, 2013
    Samsung phones have improved leaps and bounds.
    Here in Singapore, I can see the switch from Iphone to Galaxy.

6. rom x

Bronze

Jun 27, 2011
    today apple stock dips below the 500 mark.:(

7. iP5

iP5
    Bronze

Oct 23, 2010
  8. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
  9. iP5

iP5
    Bronze

Oct 23, 2010
    Apple is very good at managing the PR so don't expect too much by way of substance.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

10. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    May well be true, but take a look at the article given as their source.....Here. Included details and even the title is a bit more cut and dried stating the orders are being cut. Fonearena certainly took some license by stating the reason was due to lower demand and that was their title too! Funny, their source for their article was careful to say maybe that is the reason. Fonearena was all over the place and making statements based on conjecture and supposition. They may be right, but it doesn't seem to bother them if they are or are not. Throw enough crap on the wall and some will stick.......

Just sayin'.....

11. knuckles1978

knuckles1978 New Member

Mar 10, 2013
    @OP

Your post is wrong. Your text says 17.4 million new device activations, and the picture you posted is nothing to do with device activations, it says 17.6 million app downloads.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2

12. PacoJr67

Bronze

Mar 6, 2007
    noticed that too, 1.76 billion app downloads the week after christmas, but since it includes both iOS and Android I'm not sure what specific relevance the post has other than to say people download more apps around christmas (when people get new phones ironically)

13. knuckles1978

knuckles1978 New Member

Mar 10, 2013
    Yeah, an enlightening piece of information that eh, never would have guessed more apps are downloaded on smartphones at Christmas time lol

@OP - only messing lol, don't take anything personally ;-)

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2

14. Beverly Johnson

Beverly Johnson New Member

Mar 13, 2013
    I wonder if apps and downloads were actually Christmas gifts. Gotta love the modern age for digital gifts. I'll take one of those. lol c:

15. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    Of course they were....For some. Or they were purchased using gift cards received......

16. EQBob

Gold

Sep 24, 2007
    Other than the pundits who need something to write about, ya gotta wonder why anyone still cares about articles and statements like the above. Android is here for a long long time, as is IOS. Neither Apple nor Google are going anywhere. Samsung as a phone maker is enjoying massive sales while still getting less than steller reviews for true innovation. Google Play and the Apple Store are both racking up tens of millions of downloads. Everyone is making money.

So why do we (the consumers) buy into this particularly useless game of who's best and who's on top. News flash. it barely matters...maybe at some points, to stock price...but not constantly.