1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

it seems my s4 going bad

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by engira, Nov 10, 2013.

1. engira

engira New Member

Nov 10, 2013

Sponsored Ad

I bought a new S4 and have had this for 2 months or so now. Recently if i played some games after charging it fully and using it. Only 10 mins, the battery lost 35%. It totally freaking me out!! I never drain my battery that fast before even playing those 3d games does take a lot of juice. Is this a fauty battery??

edit: I told my friend this problem and he said it sounds like the battery is going bad. He suggested to see about a replacement. I don't trust those iffy OEM batteries on amazon, so decided to have an mpj one. Let see what happen.

2. sherri

Gold

Jun 29, 2007
    If it is only 2 months old, shouldn't it still be under manufacturer warranty? I would contact my carrier, place of sale, and manufacturer.

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk 2

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    Ditto to what Sherri said.

Also, does this only occur after playing a particular game? Perhaps that game has some bad code?

Before running out to replace a battery investigate if there is a general problem with all apps and functions or if it seems to relate to one particular app/game. I would delete that game ans see how the phone does for a few days.

5. engira

engira New Member

Nov 10, 2013
    Thanks for reply, but I have to be abroad until next year, so I am not sure if it works..

6. sherri

Gold

Jun 29, 2007
    Huh? Before you go abroad, go to the store you got phone, or call customer support for your wireless carrier. A new battery should not be dying in 2 months.

Opening your phone to replace it is a simple solution if it has a removable battery. Many phones don't. But if you have a new phone, why pay for something that you may not have to?

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk 2