1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Just ordered Nexus 4

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by chris, Mar 18, 2013.

1. chris

Administrator

Jun 1, 2006

Sponsored Ad

Been shopping Android phones and decided this was my best option. I love the HTC One and the utility of the Samsung Galaxy S4, but I love stock. Not having to deal with adding a line to my account also factored into my decision. It's just easier to by from Google and have zero hassles. The promise of timely updates is also key.

Excited about adding this one to my arsenal of phones.

Need to get a case so I don't have to worry about the back glass shattering.:eek:

2. EQBob

Gold

Sep 24, 2007
    I love me my stock phone....good luck!

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. chris

Administrator

Jun 1, 2006
    Thanks. Super excited. Ordered a matte black Diztronic case along with Xtreme back and front screen protectors. I'd like to keep it spotless, should I decide to upgrade when the Nexus 5 comes later this year. Resale appears to be pretty good on these phones.

• Like Like x 1
  5. EQBob

Gold

Sep 24, 2007
    By back "screen", do you mean just the back? Or is there really a screen on the back as well...which would be uberly neat and awful all wrapped in one...<G> Have never even heard of diztronic....(not that that means anything <G>)

6. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    Wow Chris, good for you! Out of curiosity, why does the Nexus 4 allow for you to not add a line? Not sure I understand.

7. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    Nice Chris!
    Does this mean your iPhone will get a little dusty?

8. chris

Administrator

Jun 1, 2006
    I just realized that I lost my microSIM adapter, but just read that I won't need one. Score!

I might be more prone to leaving my iPhone at home, especially during my honeymoon phase. I've got a case and screen protectors on order. Received my shipping notice early this morning, so I'm betting on a Thursday arrival. Did some Play shopping last night (picked up Falcon Pro) and I'm ready to rock.

9. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007

Awesome, enjoy!

10. chris

Administrator

Jun 1, 2006
    Best three words ever. Out for Delivery.

11. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    The excitement builds......

12. chris

Administrator

Jun 1, 2006
    Spent about 20 minutes with it earlier today setting things up. Loving it so far and very impressed with the hardware quality. It reminds me of my Nexus One. Glad I bought 8GB model. I loaded up all of my apps and still have a good 5GB to spare. I keep things lean on my phones -- keep my music on an iPod touch 5G.

Will be moving microSIM over later, but not full time until I have a case for this beauty.

13. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    Sweet Chris. When are your accessories due to arrive?

14. chris

Administrator

Jun 1, 2006
    It's tracking on USPS, which is not that reliable. They say it'll show up on Friday. I'm still loading apps, need to get some of my favorite music and wallpapers shifted over. Not sure when screen protectors will come, so leaving the plastic on the N4 for now.

I'm thrilled with how this phone looks and feels.

15. Krunk83

Krunk83 New Member

Jan 4, 2007
    Welcome to the Nexus 4 community. I too have a N4 and I love it. I have the 16gb version since I like to root and ROM. If you decide to do that you may run into some space issues. I've never been a fan of screen protectors, espeicially for this phone. I do, however, have the dBrand black titanium 3m back on my N4 which I like very much.

Enjoy your new phone.

16. Chancellor

Chancellor New Member

Apr 19, 2012
    I ve been messing around with mine for the last few days, I must say I'm loving it (especially for the sale price). If Google decides to subsidize all future phones, I may never buy a different line of devices ever again lol.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

17. ArabiaAvonlea

ArabiaAvonlea New Member

Oct 21, 2013
    Thats good......i already had this.....!