1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Just picked up the atrix

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by tcchubb, Feb 22, 2011.

1. tcchubb

tcchubb New Member

Feb 20, 2011

Sponsored Ad

Just left att store with the atrix and the entertainment package. So far this thing is fast. Its really light too. Well compared to the inspire

Sent from my MB860 using Everything Android App

2. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    Awesome, congrats on your new toy! :)

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. tcchubb

tcchubb New Member

Feb 20, 2011
    Thanks. Im in love with this phone and glad I went for it. Now I can see myself keeping this phone for the two years and maybe then some

5. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    Great.
    I said that when I got my Incredible in May of last year, now I cant wait for a new phone :p
    I love my phone still, no doubt, but they always like to dangle something new and shinny in front of me :)

6. naviwilliams

Bronze

Feb 4, 2011
    ...so, 48 hours later, what do you think?

7. smf98aggie

Bronze

Jan 11, 2011
    Naviculture, I see you've now had both the Inspire and the Atrix. So, which one do you like better? I'm asking, because I've been waiting for the Atrix to come out for months now with my heart set on it, but I just got back from Walmart where they have a working model of both phones. For some strange reason, I almost like the Inspire more :dft006:unhappy Please convince me otherwise! :dft012:wink

8. naviwilliams

Bronze

Feb 4, 2011
    LOL - I was ALL set with the Atrix today, I took it to work, and used it all day.

I get home, and start playing with the Inspire, and now I can't make my bloody mind up! Without question, the Atrix is FASTER. And overall seems better. We do have to remember the Inspire is old hardware; pure and simple...

At this rate, I'll probably keep the Atrix. But, of course, only time will tell...

PS: I do wish I could zoom, and focus properly with the camera on the Atrix. Maybe I just don't know how to use\do it...

9. smf98aggie

Bronze

Jan 11, 2011
    Ha! It's funny you say that, bc I one of the things that disappointed me about the Atrix is that I was having a lot of trouble with that same thing as well as overall touchscreen reaction. I'm a 3GS user, so when I went to the internet and tried to zoom in, I pinched in and out like on my iPhone, but it didn't zoom; it made the screen go all over the place and do really strange things. It was very annoying :dft007:angry I did eventually realize that it responds way better by barely touching the screen. It is really fast though.
    Like you said, I really like the screen size of the Inspire, and I think I like HTC's UI better than Motorola :dft002:zombie Hopefully, I don't get lynched for saying that! :dft012:wink

10. aggieman

Bronze

Mar 14, 2007
    Agreed camera is mediocre at best. HTC cameras are much better. My Droid x camera is the exact same. I can't find much to complain about though with the Atrix. I really love it. Just need to decide if I want to keep it or wait for tbolt. Got a feeling once I get a taste of LTE I wont be able to go back. Unlimited LTE at that where as I only get 2gb hspa+ on att. Decisions decisions.

11. naviwilliams

Bronze

Feb 4, 2011
    @aggieman - seriously, I'm just not sure if I'm keeping the Atrix, or the Inspire. Sad really...

12. smf98aggie

Bronze

Jan 11, 2011
    Well, one thing I am glad for is that I am grandfathered in on the Unlimited data, so I don't have to worry about that. BUT, I do have to wonder if I would still need the tethering plan for the dock if I already have unlimited....

13. aggieman

Bronze

Mar 14, 2007
    Imo the inspire is already an outdated device. Nice but outdated. When the Atrix gets an update to a build of android that is actually optimized to take advantage of the dual cores it should be a beautiful thing. This device isn't even scratching the surface of its full potential.

14. aggieman

Bronze

Mar 14, 2007

Its at&t. You know how they work. Of course you need the tethering plan lol

15. smf98aggie

Bronze

Jan 11, 2011
    Right! Well, I have a very high up connection with them, so hopefully he can get that waved...

16. smf98aggie

Bronze

Jan 11, 2011
    Well, if you decide to keep the Atrix, I may be interested in your HTC ;)

17. naviwilliams

Bronze

Feb 4, 2011
    LOL @smf98aggie; still within my 30 days :)

18. tcchubb

tcchubb New Member

Feb 20, 2011
    After almost a full week with the atrix im still in love with this phone. I liked the inspire but battery life front camera really did it in for me and when I looked at it everything seems to be moving to dual core so didn't want a phone that will be out of date once updates start rolling out. Im hoping this phone will last me a few years