1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Kernels Day 1

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by Weapondrift, Aug 29, 2010.

1. Weapondrift

Gold

Feb 1, 2008

Sponsored Ad

After much deliberation with my battery life I have taken it upon myself to make up a review regarding secondary kernels vs standard kernels. I will try to make this review fair so I am going to start on Monday with a stock kernel and then Tuesday with an undervolted kernel. I will start my phone at 100% battery life (by bump charging) and then continue from there untill my battery goes dead or is at less then 5%. If anyone feels I should carry over another day or has any extra ideas to add please feel free.

Some stats that may prove to be useful.
    I will be running Skyraider rom throughout this testing period.
    Tuesday I will be running Hydra Kernel http://www.hydrakernel.net/hydra_kernels_information.htm I am choosing Hydra kernel because the second kernel I tried didnt agree with my phone)

If anyone has any questions about the time I am spending on my phone I will provide that as well.

2. Weapondrift

Gold

Feb 1, 2008
    Monday 8/30/10
    Skyraider Rom Stock Kernel

Fully charged battery at 12am. 1am I noticed battery had moved to 90%. Played for 30 minutes straight on the game boy application. Put the phone down its now 7 am so time for bed but here is a pic of current battery status.

Uptime 5:02:52
    Awaketime 1:25:44
    Almost if not right at 50% battery life

Hmm cant figure out how to upload pictures during edit. This might be a good addition to the eA app :)

At 437pm my battery was at 30%.
    uptime 14:40:36
    Awake time 2:37: 52

I made a phone call which lated for about 5 minutes and then didnt touch. 517pm
    Battery at 15%
    uptime 15:20:29
    downtime 2:50:49

At 603 battery was needing to be charged
    uptime 16:06:51
    downtime 3:22:58

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. Weapondrift

Gold

Feb 1, 2008
    Fully charged battery at 114am on 8/31
    Flashed Hydra kernal

at 3am I had full battery life
    Uptime 1:12
    Awake time 1:12

played for 30 minutes on my Gameboid with no dent in battery
    Got home at 8/830am and battery was at 90%
    Uptime 6:38:29
    awake time 57:34

Slept untill 428pm and battery dropped to 80%
    uptime 15:08:01
    Awake time 1:29:29

at 507 after texting on gmail battery dropped to 50%
    at 917pm battery was at 15% charge

So what I am getting from the Hydra kernel is that I seem to have better endurance with battery life on standard usage but massive usage still drains significantly. If anyone has any questions I again will be free to answer, I do have a few screen shots of my battery life as it happened from today 8/31 and yesterday 8/30 and upon request I will provide them for you. I also have screen shots of my software to prove that I had Hyda and stock kernel running.

5. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    Look forward to hearing your test results.

6. Weapondrift

Gold

Feb 1, 2008
    Monday 8/30/10 first pic before bed.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Everything Android app

Attached Files:

7. Weapondrift

Gold

Feb 1, 2008
    7am First pic

Sent from my ADR6300 using Everything Android app

Mods will you delete this picture please?

Attached Files: