1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Launchers & sense widgets

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by Xsie, Aug 11, 2011.

1. Xsie

Xsie New Member

May 24, 2011

Sponsored Ad

I have tried several launchers, but so far none of them will let me use my sense widgets. So far I've tried Launcher Pro, Go Launcher, ADW Launcher, Circle Launcher & Crazy Home. Although I prefer Go Launcher, none will let me access my sense widgets. Is there a launcher app out there that will allow me to put my sense widgets on the screens? TIA!

Sent from my new phone, the HTC Inspire, with Tapatalk...

2. iP5

iP5
    Bronze

Oct 23, 2010
    Sense widgets will only work within the stock HTC launcher. Part of why they've been so impossible to port out. Just look for similar replacement apps. I do wish someone made a similar scrollable pic frame widget.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. Xsie

Xsie New Member

May 24, 2011
    Any suggestions on decent looking widgets?? And, one more question.. Are there icon packs for sense??

Thanks Ip

5. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    What widgets are you looking for?
    I found a few that I like, I am using ADW EX as my launcher

6. Xsie

Xsie New Member

May 24, 2011
    I tried adw-but again widgets were limited. Guess I like my sense widgets, wish there was some way of importing them!

7. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    Can't do it. What widgets did you want?

Sent from my Xoom using Everything Android

8. Xsie

Xsie New Member

May 24, 2011
    Well I like the friend stream one. Where I can type in a status/quote/etc & it posts to both my Facebook & Twitter. The clocks, but d/l a few I could live with. Oh yeah my bookmarks. Not the picture one, but the list one... Not real biggies.

9. Xsie

Xsie New Member

May 24, 2011
    ...... and power settings similar to sense. I like to be able to turn off/on for wifi, mobile network. As well as turning off & on my background data. Helps to conserve my battery!

10. Xsie

Xsie New Member

May 24, 2011
    FOUND that Tweet Deck has a status update widget that's posts to both Facebook and Twitter @ the same time! :))

Sent from my HTC Inspire, with Tapatalk...

11. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    Check out On Off Widget Pack for the wifi and bt ones

Sent from my ADR6300 using Everything Android

12. Xsie

Xsie New Member

May 24, 2011
    Since the update, I now have those controls in the status bar. So now I only need the icon for turning off background data. And then a sounds one to silent/vibrate & normal my phone. Thanks everyone for your replies!

Sent from my HTC Inspire, with Tapatalk...

13. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    The widget pack that I mentioned has all the widgets you need.

14. iP5

iP5
    Bronze

Oct 23, 2010
    root and CM7 to have both widgets and notification buttons as part of your core.