LG-MS910ZVC how to successfully convert CDMA service????

Discussion in 'Android Rooting and Custom ROMs' started by cjeanc, May 19, 2012.

1. cjeanc

cjeanc New Member

My METRO Esteem was flashed by Cricket and now won't support data, help me fix it please! :eek:
  2. dgray636

dgray636 Member

Did you ask if they have a data plan, or are they charging you for it? As far as I know, Cricket does not have data plans. I could be wrong though.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Everything Android
  3. Avatar

Sponsored Advertisement

4. cjeanc

cjeanc New Member

Yes they have 3G...but I don't have mobile internet now or picture text...
  5. stevetaz

stevetaz Super Moderator Staff Member

Did they actually tell you Internet would work after flashing or did you assume it would? This is probably due to a problem with having incorrect APNs in the device and I am not sure you can change them to correct this.

Even if you were able to get the proper APNs you will not get the 4G speeds as Cricket doesn't have them. Are you forced to use Cricket? There are better carriers out there........
    • Like Like x 1
  6. cjeanc

cjeanc New Member

They assumed it would I had and still have no clue about these things. Yea Cricket has 3G for now and I am ok with that. I chose cricket because I HATE CONTRACTS! :) Do you think updating prl using QPST will fix the APN probelm? I really appreciate all the help!!!
  7. stevetaz

stevetaz Super Moderator Staff Member

Don't know what to tell you about QPST. I believe that is an illegal program and we don't roll that way here at eA.

It would seem to me you jumped into Cricket without doing the proper research and at this point I am really not sure what you can do. If no one else here at eA can offer suggestions maybe you could seek help over at xda-developers.com.

This is really beyond me.......Do let us know what you do and how it works out.
  8. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

QPST isn't an illegal program, you can use it for updating PRLs. I remember it from back in the WM days.
    However that is beyond my knowledge, I agree with Steve, I think XDA might have the info you need.
    • Like Like x 1
  9. cjeanc

cjeanc New Member

Thank you Scott, I will check out XDA! Yes Steve I trusted Cricket too much, easily done when you don't even know what questions to ask.....