1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

LG Optimus 2X Brick

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by Yaseen, Oct 13, 2014.

?

Can a failed cyanogen mod brick a phone and is it fixable.

1. Yes fixable

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Not fixable

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Can't brick

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Yaseen

Yaseen New Member

Oct 13, 2014

Sponsored Ad

image.jpg image.jpg Hey guys I have an LG Optimus 2x A while ago I tried installing cyanogen mod on it and it failed to flash it was cyanogen mod v7 then my phone wouldn't would never boot at all, every time I would try to boot it would just freeze at the cyanogen want to boot screen but it would never open I tried a lot of solutions with one of them work can you guys please help me or tell me if this can't be fixed or how can I fix it I took it to the store and they said He doesn't know how to do it.

By the way the phone is in perfect condition.

#1 Yaseen, Oct 13, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 13, 2014
  2. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    I can't imagine why you decided to make this a poll...

You might want to check out the Cyanogen forums for assistance with the new paperweight....

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. TarekElsakka

Bronze

Oct 27, 2012
    If the device actually goes to the Cynanogen Mod screen then it is most certainly not bricked. As Steve mentioned, you're better off asking at the CM forum or better yet go to the LG Optimus 2X Section on XDA-Developers and ask there, surely you'll receive some help. Good luck.

5. Yaseen

Yaseen New Member

Oct 13, 2014
    But I can't find the mod page.

6. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    What do you mean the Mod page? Post the issue in the Help and Troubleshooting area I would think....

7. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    A damage in the USB port on the phone would be my first guess, but since the USB works with the PC, my next guess would have been the USB connector on the charger. However, you say that worked fine on your tablet.

Very well could be the battery is about to fail. The higher charging power of the wall charger could be overpowering the battery, but the USB charging is slow/weak enough it takes it.

Do you have access to a different battery, maybe a friend's to see if the wall charger works on your phone with a different battery?

8. sherri

Gold

Jun 29, 2007
    If he is using same charger for phone and tablet, sounds like it may be a "generic" charger. Use the charger that came with phone.

In my car, I have a Verizon charger. It "fits" all our phones, but on my Droid Razr Maxx, it trickle charges. Charges Rachel's SG4 without issues. In house, my Motorola charger charges all phones, but her Samsung one takes forever on my phone..

9. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    All good points sherri. I am spoiled. I use a Blackberry Playbook charger for just about everything, but I also use a sprint-provided charger as well as the one that came with the phone I found an older one from nothing I recall. Maybe it was from the old HTC EVO I used to have. In the car it is one that I guess I got with the BBs and in all cases I have never run into one that failed to charge anything I use currently or in the past.

Spoiled I suppose....