1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

LG P710 Optimus L7 II keep turning off the WiFi

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by D1_Droid, May 13, 2013.

1. D1_Droid

D1_Droid New Member

May 13, 2013

Sponsored Ad

Hi,

I just bought my first Android phone, a LG P710 Optimus L7 II. I love it.

Just one problem. For some reason, when i haven't used the phone for a little while, the WiFi disconnects. In Settings> WiFi> Advanced the 'Keep WiFi on during sleep' is set to 'Always'. So i don't understand why it turns itself off.

Any help would be fantastic

Thanks ;)

2. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    How about the WiFi Timer? Is that set to off?

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    And when you say it turns off, could you be in an area that you are not connected to a network that is saved and the WiFi icon simply disappears from the task bar, but is actually still on? When you go to the System Settings, does WiFi show as Off or On?

5. D1_Droid

D1_Droid New Member

May 13, 2013
    Hi stevetaz,

Thanks for replying. I'm don't know where to set the WiFi Timer. I googled 'Android WiFi Timer' and it seems it's an app which I don't have installed - so I guess that's not it. Am I missing something here?

It is definitely turned off as the WiFi icon is missing AND we don't hear notifications of messages we send the phone. - They of course come through after we wake the phone.

The WiFi on all Macs, PCs, iPads, iPods etc in the house is fine.

Also, since posting, I have installed an app called 'WiFi Fixer' which succeeds in keeping the sleeping phone with WiFi but I just bought the phone a few days ago and feel the 'Keep WiFi on during sleep' option should do just that!!!

Further, a bit more Googling seems to show some there are general problems with WiFi and JellyBean:

I can't post the link as I don't have permission :mad:

Thanks for answering as I posted to 8 forums and you are the only person who has answered.

D

6. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    I suppose tehre could be differences from device to device, but I see the timer as a part of the JB OS...System Settings -> WiFi -> Menu key -> Advanced -> WiFi Timer (Off or On are the selections). Note that this is really more for turning the WiFi off during certain hours like after bedtime, but you never know. Do take a look.

Are you on the latest OS? If the issue is widespread perhaps there will be an update. Hopefully that app you installed will take care of it for you. Frankly I have not experience one problem with WiFi at all. When you say you are seeing issues with Jelly Bean is that specific to your LG device or in general across the board? Are you stock or rooted? Did you purchase the phone new or used?

We try to help as quickly as we can so remember who your friends are and visit us and post here first....:cool:

7. D1_Droid

D1_Droid New Member

May 13, 2013
    Hi,

No such settings. I have (also bought a few days ago) a Huawei HONOR U8860 which is perfect and the problem is with my wife's LG P710 Optimus L7 II. Both were bought brand new. I have not rooted either phone.

The settings I can see in my Honor are:

Network Notification
    Keep WiFi on during sleep (works for me but not on wife's LG)
    Mac Address
    IP Address

On the LG we have:

As above + 'Avoid poor connection' - not ticked

These searches turn up loads of results:

Android Wifi Timeout @ 15 Minutes

jellybean turns off wifi

and this is specific to the LG Opt but I don't have AT&T Smart WiFi:

Quick fixes for Wi-Fi connection issues on the LG Optimus G

Thanks for trying!

D

8. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    Wow! I must say I have luckily not seen issues like that with mine. What carrier provides your service? Could they have their own app similar to the AT&T one?

What version number of Android OS are you running?