Logitech Revue

Discussion in 'Google TV' started by chris, Oct 6, 2010.

1. chris

chris Administrator Staff Member

Phone:
    Moto X
    Did you pre-order the new Logitech Revue? Personally, I'm on the fence. I really like Logitech products, but this is pricey. If you wait a bit, you'll be able to take advantage of Logitech's legendary "dented box" deals. The boxes are never dented, but you receive something 50% off. I've bought a few Squeezeboxes that way.
  2. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

I do want one, but not at $300 bucks. I am having my dad check his store to see how much he can get one for :)
  3. Avatar

Sponsored Advertisement

4. chris

Phone:
    Moto X
    I'm telling ya, Slickdeals with have a deal on a dented box Revue before you know it. I've bought DiNovo mini, squeezeboxes -- all supposedly dented. In reality, they were perfect.
  5. n99hockey

I will have to keep an eye open for that too.
    Im excited to further Google my house :p
  6. ravman

ravman New Member

Google TV

I'm still on the fence for this device. I went to Best Buy and checked out Google TV on both the Logitech and Sony versions. I'm not sure what use I would have for it. If I could drop my cable box altogether, then I would definitely be interested.
  7. n99hockey

I have heard a rumor that it might be possible to get it somehow on the PS3....
  8. Weapondrift

Weapondrift Active Member

:eek: this way you and I can look at each other while we play and make fun of our battle hardened faces...either tha or I get to drool over how cute your cat is!
  9. n99hockey

Hahahah nice.
    I am holding of on Google TV, since well, every network seems to be blocking their content!
  10. Weapondrift

agreed. Im holding off untill Netflix. I actually sent it to Chris instead of you lol.
  11. n99hockey

Oh I see how it is!! :p
  12. Weapondrift

oh whatever "Mr. I Love Israel". I dont wanna hear it.
  13. ch3mi0n

ch3mi0n New Member

Good idea.

Personally, I would rather get the standalone box, rather than the TV with it built in. That is, once content issues are ironed out.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Everything Android App
  14. n99hockey

I wont be getting a new TV thats for sure!
    Maybe Sony and Google will magically make it available via PS3 :p (one can dream)
  15. ch3mi0n

ch3mi0n New Member

Ha ha, Sony is too much if a control freak to let it happen. :p

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Everything Android App
  16. n99hockey

I can dream!!
  17. Scur

Scur New Member

I've had one a few months now. A couple of things are blocked, like Hulu, but mostly it's freaking awesome.
  18. chris

Phone:
    Moto X
    I'd like to check it out sometime. I'm keeping an eye out for a sale of some sort.

BTW, scariest avatar ever.
  19. Scur

Scur New Member

lol I know.

I didn't wait for the price to drop, and I'm glad I didn't. Cable is now just a small part of watching TV because of this thing. And there is SUPPOSED to be an update this summer to be able to hit the market to install apps. They have a small collection of installed apps, but once we can add our own stuff, it should bring it to a whole new level.

With it's media player, you can connect to your home network and watch videos or listen to music off your computer, or just read off the USB in the back.

What's really cool is the remote. It's RF, not IR, so there's no signal to block, and the Revue has a IR emitter so you can control all your devices from the keyboard remote.

I had to use delicious to sync my bookmarks from my computer to the TV, as it doesn't sync from Chrome profiles yet. Wasn't a huge hassle, but I was surprised it didn't sync on it's own.

I've really dived into this thing, and can answer all kinds of questions folks have.