1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Looking to lock/hide/restrict access to "applications" folder on 2.3.3

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by timpgibson, Sep 29, 2011.

1. timpgibson

timpgibson New Member

Sep 29, 2011

Sponsored Ad

I have searched all over for a solution to this problem but can't find a method to overcome it.

I have a need to roll out Galaxy S2's running 2.3.3 to a group of users but limit them to only the applications that are chosen for them such as facebook, twitter etc... the phone function but no access to settings or other applications that have to be installed on the phone but cannot be opened/altered by the user.

I have tried a number of app lock applications which do work at the icon level but ideally I need to lock/disable/remove the overall "applications" icon in the launcher.

Have already tried the top three launcher replacements which don't seem aimed at this amount of control.

Can anyone suggest any app or method to achieve this?

Thanks

Tim

2. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    If you are rooted you can use titanium backup to freeze unauthorize apps. I think there is a program (I might have seen it here in the apps forum) that can password protect certain apps....

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. iP5

iP5
    Bronze

Oct 23, 2010
    Root the thing and rip out market plus any file managers.

They'd still be able to alter from recovery but shouldn't even know how to get there.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

5. Weapondrift

Gold

Feb 1, 2008
    I am using an application called SEAL right now. That does the restriction that you are looking for and can be hidden in the status bar in the Settings option