1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Lost battery door

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by bheidemann, Dec 2, 2009.

1. bheidemann

Bronze

Jul 30, 2007

Sponsored Ad

This is the third time I lost the battery door. The first two times I was able to retrace my steps and find it but this time its gone for good. This is the worst thing about the droid, I wish they would make a door that doesn't come off so easily.

Anyway, time to search for a replacement.

2. ranjo105

Bronze

Nov 29, 2009
    Strange, mine is on so tight I have trouble get it off.

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. bheidemann

Bronze

Jul 30, 2007
    I did a quick google search and found that I am not the only one with this problem. Motorola's forum is full of lost battery doors

5. gnath9

Silver

Feb 10, 2009
    Call *611 they will probally just send you a new one.

6. bheidemann

Bronze

Jul 30, 2007
    I ended up ordering one from vzw.com for 3 bucks. no big deal but still kinda shitty. I dont even want to look at my droid until the door comes ;)

7. TheMadJester

Bronze

Jul 14, 2009
    mine gets loose all the time. i find it started happening more after i got the car dock. i'm not sure if there's a connection or not. i'm just going to go and raise hell about loosing it until they give me a new one and then i'll have a spare for when i actually do loose mine.

8. tj!2k6

Bronze

Aug 7, 2006
    Try a layer or two of tape on either the top of the battery or the inside of the cover... perhaps some additional friction/pressure will prevent it from sliding off so easily.

Or you could get one of those rubber/silicone skins for the Droid... you'd never lose another cover and protect it at the same time... and another plus for the skin is of course the non-slip awesomeness it... :dft012:wink

The downside to the skin of course, is that you can no longer use the Motorola media or car docks.

9. bheidemann

Bronze

Jul 30, 2007
    I read that a folded business card between the battery and the door will help.

10. ranjo105

Bronze

Nov 29, 2009
    I think I have the answer

We are both right. The forums can be full of other people and I can have
    a "tight" fit. I examined the inside of my cover after reading some of the posts. There is a square of black friction material that I sense is causing
    the cover to be tight. If this material were not there I suspect mine would be loose too. Perhaps this was a manufacturing flaw and later runs have this
    new "rub strip" mounted on the inside. This friction material is definitely running across the battery and believe me causes it to go on tight. Good Luck in your quest to get a tight lid.

11. bheidemann

Bronze

Jul 30, 2007
    Interesting, well hopefully the new one VZ sends me will have that strip. I will report back once I get it.

12. Aixelsyd

Bronze

Jan 25, 2009

I'll second that. First time I tied taking it off I had a hell of a time.

Either way tho it is a pretty simple fix to get it to stay on. My buddies had the issue and I fixed it in a matter of a few mins. Just bend the for little tabs a bit inward and you should be good to go. If that doesn't do it where it is notched take a small small hammer a bend the tab inward more towards the inside of the back itself

13. dvmweb

dvmweb New Member

Jan 1, 2009
    Door falls off

I'd be careful putting tape of paper inside the compartment. My droid seems to get pretty warm when it charges. Fire?

I put a little convex bow in mine so the dimple would lock in its slot above the chip a little better. If that doesn't work, seems to be better now, I am going to use a punch and make the dimple deeper. Engineering change is needed for sure.
    :dft007:angry

Walt MI/USA

14. bheidemann

Bronze

Jul 30, 2007
    When I got home I found the battery cover underneath my coffee table. It does in fact have the friction tape so I am perplexed as to why mine comes off while others seem to be functioning properly. Weird. Guess I will have an extra one once mine comes in the mail. On the bright side I can now look at my Droid without shame again ;)