1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

lost gmail contacts

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by lbgilbert, Nov 10, 2009.

1. lbgilbert

lbgilbert New Member

Nov 10, 2009

Sponsored Ad

HELP! Since I synced my contacts to my droid, they have all disappeared from the web gmail (though they are on the droid). How do I sync them back? I vaguely recall being asked at the time if I wanted to eliminate duplicates or something, but I obviously didn't want to get rid of all my gmail contacts in the web version!

2. blazinazn

blazinazn New Member

May 8, 2007
    So when you go into gmail and click on contacts. None of the contacts you synced onto your phone is listed under any of the subcategories?

You should be able to manually sync your contacts back to the web interface on your phone.

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. lbgilbert

lbgilbert New Member

Nov 10, 2009
    That's right. When I click on contacts in gmail it shows zero contacts, but they are saved in the gmail droid app.

5. blazinazn

blazinazn New Member

May 8, 2007
    Have you tried going to Menu > Settings > accounts & Sync and manually syncing?

6. lbgilbert

lbgilbert New Member

Nov 10, 2009
    Yes. It's set to auto-sync, but I just unchecked and checked "sync contacts," and it said it did, but my gmail contacts are still blank in theweb version. :016:upset

7. dragonfly

Bronze

Mar 27, 2007
  8. lbgilbert

lbgilbert New Member

Nov 10, 2009
    Thanks, I'll try that (but I hope it copies my gmail contacts and not just the phone numbers in the phone contacts.)

9. dragonfly

Bronze

Mar 27, 2007
    It should copy everything you need, thats how i got all my contacts from my winmo saga into my droid, i just took all the contacts which were saved in outlook i made a csv file for them and imported the whole thing into gmail contacts and thats how i got all my contacts into my droid.