1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Major changes for everythingAndroid

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by chris, Apr 29, 2010.

1. chris

Administrator

Jun 1, 2006

Sponsored Ad

If something doesn't succeed, try something else. That's exactly what I've done with the homepage/blog of the site. The original idea was to integrate commenting between the blog and the forum. The problem was the blogging feature of the board software was rudimentary at best and so was the comment system. It's always tough to make decision to undo 4-6 months were of work, but I think it's in the best interest of the site and more importantly YOU.

So, what's happening and how is it good for the site. Well, for starters, we've got a brand new homepage. While it doesn't appear radically different, I think the comment system is 100 times better. In addition, our feeds now work properly and we've got a fancy Android friendly template. Hit the homepage with your Android phone and boom, you'll get all the news delivered in a super fast template compatible with your phone. You can also easily comment from your phone.

What's more. The new homepage is fast. Not just a little, but a lot. Load times were significantly reduced. This way, you spend less time waiting and more time reading news.

If you have already, please consider subscribing to our RSS feed, following us on Twitter or becoming a fan on Facebook.

That's it for now. Any comments, let'em fly.

-Chris

#1 chris, Apr 29, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2014
  2. Napoleon_PhoneApart

Napoleon_PhoneApart New Member

May 2, 2010
    I'm here for right now. I'd consider that a major change - for the better. :dft012:wink

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. chris

Administrator

Jun 1, 2006
    You know, that is a good thing. I think your stay here won't be near as bad as eP. I have a fair bit of history with Palm products, but I don't get all the dislike towards Apple products. It's akin to US hockey fans chanting USA at an NHL game vs a Canadian team. Half of the players on US teams are from Canada.

As for Palm, there are no shortage of former Apple employees at Palm, not to mention Jon Rubinstein himself. If it weren't for Apple, one could say there wouldn't be a webOS.