1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Malware /virus Samsung note 3? ?

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by Catmac, Feb 27, 2016.

1. Catmac

Catmac Guest

Sponsored Ad

Hi all! Hoping someone can give me some help... I've been at this all day. When I go into my Internet, I get a warning that says "2 viruses have been detected and your battery has been damaged " and it won't go away!! .. I've tried going into safe mode and going into my downloaded apps but I don't know what's what. (Did I mention I'm computer illiterate? ) can someone please help me get rid of this???
    Thank you in advance! ☺

2. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    That is probably something similar to a trojan or even ransomware. They implant a cookie that demands you fix your phone before the Earth stops spinning and the Sun explodes.

You are probably going to have to empty the Internet Cache and clear cookies. What phone, browser and Operating System are you running? Each has a bit different method.

The stock Android browser is simplest:
    Select Settings from the Home Screen --> Select Internet --> Look for Privacy & Security (or just Privacy) --> Select Clear Cache

Samsung is a bit different.Settings --> Internet --> Privacy --> Select Delete Personal Data --> Check Browsing History, Cache and Cookies and site data --> Select Delete

Chrome and Firefox are slightly different yet....

After clearing it would be a good idea to restart your phone.

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. Astrologer Home

Astrologer Home New Member

Mar 3, 2016
    You can also use some antimalware.

5. BrianRobins

Bronze

Oct 9, 2015
    Try using spyware remover mate it can help you.

6. rosario1990

Bronze

Feb 1, 2015
    Do you have any security software installed onto your device? If not, please installed one.