1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Managing contacts on the Eris

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by bberryhill0, Feb 1, 2010.

1. bberryhill0

Silver

Feb 14, 2009

Sponsored Ad

It took me a while to find Contacts on my Eris. On the People widget on the screen to the right of rjw home screen click on the thingy with three limestone. Gotta love this keyboard. Three lines. It sucks because the back button goes too far nd k. Any other options out there?

2. jdk2

jdk2 New Member

Oct 12, 2008
    Are you trying to edit an individual contact? If so, choose a contact from the People app and hit the menu button. Edit will be displayed as an option.

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. bberryhill0

Silver

Feb 14, 2009
    I wanted to merge some duplicates. it's hard on the phone.

5. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    contacts in gmail has the option to merge duplicates should you be near a PC...just an option

6. tman065

tman065 New Member

Nov 11, 2008
    Google Contact groups

Is there a way to limit the on-phone contacts so only the Gmai contacts in the "My Contacts" group get synced? My wife has some other lists that she doesn't need on her phone, but she gets ALL of them anyway.

Thanks!

7. tman065

tman065 New Member

Nov 11, 2008
    Nevermind. I found the answer in the Eris instruction PDF. Simple.

8. bberryhill0

Silver

Feb 14, 2009
    So share! That PDF is huge.

9. tman065

tman065 New Member

Nov 11, 2008
    From page 75...

10. bberryhill0

Silver

Feb 14, 2009
    The only group I have is all contacts. I guess I would have to set up something with a computer. It would be nice if contacts looked the same on the phone as on the computer but Google can't do that. Oh well.

11. Weapondrift

Gold

Feb 1, 2008
    is this the same for the other android devices? For instance, when I recieve my HTC will I go the same options to port my contacts over to the Incredible from my TP?

12. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    if you have gmail you will just plug in your gmail info and it will populate your contact list
    its just like an exchange account