1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

manual update

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by Lycurgus, Mar 31, 2010.

1. Lycurgus

Lycurgus New Member

Dec 28, 2009

Sponsored Ad

Ok, so of course I'm the one having issues with this. :) this is what I get when I try and run the update.

E:can't open /cache/recovery/command

--install from sdcard
    Finding update package..
    Opening update package..
    Verifying update package..

E:failed to open /sdcard/update.zip (no such file or directory)
    E:signature verification failed
    Installation aborted.

Now I am not taking my sdcard out and using a sdcard reader like it says. I'm just using my usb cord and mounting to my pc. Does that matter? Also ispecifically does it matter where I copy the update file to? Or is just the root directory fine?

2. Lycurgus

Lycurgus New Member

Dec 28, 2009
    lol, nevermind i figured it out. :dft011:tounge_out

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. gnath9

Silver

Feb 10, 2009
    That's great ! ! !

What do you think of the update ?

5. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    thats great
    what was it?

would you unroot to see what its about?

6. gnath9

Silver

Feb 10, 2009
    no way not me. Well not without seeing some videos of it out performing my Droid.

I am running very stable at 1.2ghz Chevys med voltage kernel on UltimateDroids V9
    I also have the custom Droid live wallpaper 3D launcher and a 3D cubed music player running. Also swype runs perfect.
    I doubt very much the update can top this.

ROOT ROOT ROOT !!!

7. rkcoll1

Bronze

Sep 23, 2008
    @Scott I am assuming OP solved problem by renaming the update.zip? I am waiting for the OTA on my spare droid as we speak so I will report in when I get it.

8. Lycurgus

Lycurgus New Member

Dec 28, 2009
    What I did to fix it was after copying over the file, which was already named update from the beginning of this huge mess, :) I went into settings and went to SD card and phone storage. I then unmounted my sd card and then powered off my phone. after turning it on, I went into the boot and updated the firmware. worked perfectly. I like the update, but its not earth shattering for sure...I also downloaded that open home and kinda like that interface...

9. rkcoll1

Bronze

Sep 23, 2008
    I couldn't wait any longer so I updated manually. Like Lycurgus said nothing earth shattering. Ultimate Droid v 9.0 much better for sure.